BriskHeat Corp is looking for a qualified candidate to fill our Controls Technician position. This position concentrates on building control panels requested by customers. This includes working closely with Engineering in the setup or layout, wiring and testing of the products prior to fulfilling orders. Various types of test equipment is involved in the process along with recording findings and reporting results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read engineering blue prints and electrical schematics
- Layout, wiring, and testing of temperature controls and control systems
- Troubleshoot/evaluate customer returns and develop a customer quotation
- Assemble, fabricate, and modify metal and non-metallic enclosures according to customer and engineering requirements
- Utilize the following pieces of test equipment: V.O.M’s, analog/digital temperature indicating devices, chart recorders, power suppliers, and other calibration equipment.
- Must feel comfortable working with high voltage systems as well as solid-state circuitry
Needed Experience and Technical Knowledge:
- An associate degree in Electrical Engineering or related field or the equivalent experience of at least 2 years in basic electricity or manufacturing
- Basic understanding of MS Office (Word and Excel)
- Ability to use hand tool, small power tools, and bench top tools (drill presses, etc.)
- Good decision-making skills, the ability to adapt to changing situations, and the ability to work with others in a team environment
- Knowledge of electrical circuits and different electrical components i.e., wire gauges, GFCI breakers, transformers, Solid State Relay, etc. (Not electronics)
- Comfortable using power tools i.e., power drill and drill press
- Must be able to read measurement
- Must be able to read and understand wirer schematics
The physical demands described here and above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions of the position.
The work environment characteristics described here and above are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions of the position.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.