30-37.50 hours per week
Service Area: Nursing Services
Reports to: Director of Nursing
Salary: Pay Range 23 ($20.40 per hour)
Under general supervision of the Director of Nursing, the Public Health nurse provides public health nursing services to individuals, families, and population groups. Identifies health problems, educates individuals about health issues, links individuals to needed personal health services to assure the provision of healthcare when otherwise unavailable.
Sample Job Responsibilities:
- Provides general nursing services such as administration of immunizations, tuberculosis screening/follow-up, lead investigations, reproductive health and wellness clinic activities, care coordination, and COVID-19 nursing activities including case investigations and vaccine administration
- Receives and investigates reports of communicable disease, instructs on and/or reinforces physician/nurse practitioner recommendations/orders to ensure patient compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred and two (2) years of experience in a clinical/nursing role in public health or related agency preferred
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered
- Valid and unrestricted State of Ohio license as a Registered Nurse
- Valid Ohio driver’s license with an acceptable driving record and proof of auto liability insurance coverage
- Occasional overtime, night or weekend hours may be required
- Travel within and outside the district sometimes required
Benefits: Health insurance, paid holidays, vacation in the first year, public retirement system
Applicants interested in the position may submit a cover letter and resume to: Human Resources, Allen County Public Health, PO Box 1503, Lima, OH 45802 or email@example.com.
Allen County Public Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.