Employer Seeking: Full-Time Laboratory Technician
Worksite Location: Dover, Ohio
Number of Job Openings: 2
How to Apply: **APPLY DIRECT w/ RESUME** to the employer by email (email@example.com) or call 740-922-2025 ext. 3115.
Please mention OhioMeansJobs Stark or Tuscarawas when applying to this employer.
UPDATED WAGES !!
Predictive Maintenance Services is a full-service laboratory certified to ISO 17025. An American-owned, family business since 1986, we are an independent laboratory. Service is our most important product. Lowering maintenance cost and improving equipment reliability through oil analysis since 1986. Complete Diesel Fuel testing, Cold weather properties, Sulfur content, ASTM testing.
We are expanding our lab team and looking to add Full-TimeLaboratory Assistants / Lab Technician that will perform routine laboratory work while gaining valuable experience in the chemistry field.
Experience is not necessary, but to be a Laboratory Assistant you must have a particular skill set and be able to learn how to perform precise measurements and carefully follow procedures. This is a role for someone who has a desire to grow in knowledge and responsibility!
Compensation: $12.00 to $13.00 per hour to start, based upon experience. Future Advancement Possible.
Lab Tech Responsibilities
- Routine laboratory work including testing that will give experience in the chemistry field.
- All employees will be trained to do the standard operating methods performed at the laboratory.
- Perform sampling or testing as directed.
- Provide assistance to other laboratory personnel.
- Clean equipment and work areas.
- Perform sample and solvent disposal and recycling.
- Replenish laboratory supplies.
- Will be placed in a progressively increased role of training and responsibility in work assignments.
Lab Assistant Requirements
- Be able to perform precise measurements
- Ability to read and understand English. Ability to read and understand equipment operations, to collect data, and to properly record collected information.
- Able to easily understand complex instructions Able and willing to maintain strict level of confidentiality regarding laboratory results and records Excellent computer skills
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Lab Assistant Scheduling
- We're looking for a full-time employee (Monday - Friday). Weekend work may occasionally be required.
- Typical work shift is Monday and Tuesday - Afternoon Shift: 10:30 AM -7:00 PM with possible overtime to 8:00/9:00 PM, Wednesday - Friday - Day Shift: 8:30 AM -5:00 PM.
- Training will take place during the day. After training is complete this position will work shift as described above until 8:00 or 9:00 PM when necessary.
- 401k Match (Full time employees only. Must be employed 1 year)
- Medical, Dental
- Paid holidays
COVID-19 considerations: To keep our employees safe, we've split shifts where possible, moved equipment to separate workstations, clean and disinfect the laboratory after each shift.
- Must be at least 18 years old, possess a HS diploma/equivalent & be able to do medium lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Previous experience is not required. Company will train.
Pre-Employment Testing: Drug Testing, Employment Test, Reference Check
OMJ Staff Contact: RC1