Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Under the direction of the Manager-Laboratories, this position is responsible to perform quality control testing of in-process and finished product, microbiological analysis, routine/daily cleanup of glass wear and laboratory, and other general laboratory tasks as required.
1. Performs quality control testing of ingredients, in-process product, and finished product. Notify QA of any analysis that is out of specification.
2. Responsible to complete follow up testing on product out of specification.
3. Responsible for calibrating, maintaining, and basic trouble shooting of lab equipment.
4. Enter testing results into current data entry program.
5. Provide support to operations from a laboratory standpoint when requested (testing preblends/kettles, blanched bean solids, etc.)
6. Perform microbiological analysis on ingredients, in process and post process product as required.
7. Perform general laboratory cleaning procedures (clean glassware, equipment, and counters etc.)
8. Perform other duties that may be assigned.
1. Perform microbiological aspects which include smears, ingredient testing, finish product testing, flat sours, Aerobic Place Counts, thermophilic testing, media preparation, and sanitation programs.
2. Support the Set-Aside and Held product process
3. Maintain Bacteriological Laboratory records as needed
4. Accurate data entry in physical and computerized logs
5. Perform other duties as may be assigned and/or necessary
* In process of Bachelors Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, or equivalent / related science field
* Must be available from May-December 2021
"The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information."