Here, we believe there's not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there's a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We'll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
This position is responsible for the timely and accurate cash application of complex/ large customer payments on commercial customer accounts.
Requires contact with store and field credit office personnel, other management personnel, and direct customer contact to resolve for the purpose of clarification of remittance detail that will affect the collection of delinquent balances.
Identify and properly code deductions/overpayments made by customer. Create and maintain electronic records of all large/complex chargebacks according to established policies and procedures.
Advise credit personnel of corrections requested by customer and assist field personnel in resolving account variances by application of POS corrections and edit of electronic chargeback logs.
Complete all emails relating to designated priority accounts and assist department in the maintenance of the TAG - group email.
Utilize Microsoft Excel to streamline cash application
Make suggestions for the continued enhancements of CPR and the role of Account Specialists.
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
* College degree or in pursuit of degree
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
* Prior customer service experience
* Experience in Excel
* Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing workload fluctuation and demands
* Effective time Management Skills
* Ability to effectively prioritize
* Must be able to effectively communicate with external customer and all levels of the Credit Organization
* Effective and creative problem solving skills
* Ability to work independently but also effectively contribute to group goals
* Sound decision making
* Assume additional responsibilities/projects as assigned by supervisor.
* Thorough knowledge and experience of Cash Application
* Superior customer service skills
* Knowledge and experience with Mobius, CPR and Source systems
* Advance research, problem solving skills.
* Basic accounting knowledge and general understanding of and experience with the cash application process.
* Proficiency in MS Office Applications including Excel and Word
* Prior CPR cash application experience
Candidate must be eligible to work in the country for which they are applying for employment, without now or in the future needing sponsorship for employment work visa and/or permanent residence status.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-CLEVELAND
Work Locations: USA OH Cleveland Prospect Ave Headquarters
101 West Prospect Ave
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Inclusion and Diversity Supportive Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.