Information about #27735Payroll Coordinator II
Work Location: GOJO Plaza - Akron, Ohio
GOJO Industries, inventor of PURELL branded well-being solutions, is the global leader in Healthy Skin and Healthy Places. We use the best science available to create breakthroughs that result in healthier people and environments.
Our 75-year success as a Family Enterprise is propelled by our collaborative culture of Purpose-driven colleagues. We work in ways that nourish our growth and build flourishing teams. We care about each other, and embody the health and well-being we bring to the world.
The opportunities we have to make a difference in people's lives drive us. If this inspires you, please join us at GOJO.
Responsible for the timely and accurate processing of payroll and payroll related records.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
* Produces an error free payroll for both weekly and bi-weekly employees, meeting all processing deadlines using Kronos Workforce payroll and timekeeping system.
* Reviews all timekeeping records for accuracy and compliance.
* Performs and audits employee system maintenance, including timekeeper profiles.
* Performs historical adjustments.
* Processes support / garnishment employee deductions and payments.
* Approves and reviews self-service entries for direct deposit and tax withholding changes submitted.
* Timely submission of the direct deposit file to the bank.
* Accurate and timely processing / payment of federal, multi-state and local payroll tax reporting.
* Responds timely to verification of employment requests and maintain file of information provided.
* Audits a variety of payroll source documents; identifies and reconciles discrepancies.
* Maintains accurate vacation accrual profiles; reconciles discrepancies as needed.
* Processes all bonus runs according to schedules.
* Prepares and/or manages the preparation of year-end activities, including W-2's.
* Provides both employee and manager training on the use of Kronos timekeeping system.
* Payroll month end closing process; direct interface with general ledger.
* Maintains and configures Kronos Payroll and Timekeeper applications.
* Acts as a liaison in the resolution of payroll problems / errors.
* Maintains appropriate records, files, documentation, etc.
* Maintains payroll checklists and documentation of standard operating procedures.
* Develops, interprets, and ensures the consistent application of organization policies.
* Provides technical guidance as needed.
* Monitors the effectiveness of systems, policies and procedures and makes appropriate recommendations to ensure daily operations are efficient; implements approved changes.
* Produce an error free payroll for GOJO Canada (monthly) employees, meeting all processing deadlines using ADP Canada payroll system.
* Accurate document retention.
* Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
* All employees who have access to health information whose confidentiality is protected by the HIPAA Privacy Rule are required by the Rule to complete training so that they have an understanding and knowledge of the Privacy Rule that corresponds to their job responsibilities and of the group health plan's policies and procedures that impact on their job duties.
Compliance with the requirements of the HIPAA Privacy Rule and the plan's health information policies and procedures under the direction of the plan privacy contact is a requirement for this position. Employees who violate the requirements of the HIPAA Privacy Rule will be subject to discipline, up to and including termination.
Education and Experience
* High school diploma with a minimum of five (5) years' experience in payroll processing and one (1) year experience working with Kronos HR/PR and Timekeeping.
* CPP or Bachelors' degree in Accounting / Business or other related field (preferred, but not required).
* Knowledge of basic accounting and general ledger required.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products required.
* Interact with internal customers and key outside contacts using oral, written and electronic communication.
* Internal contacts include hourly and salary employees; frequent interaction with HROD and General Ledger staff members. External contacts include child support agencies, human services, taxing authorities.
* No direct supervisory responsibility with this position.
Office Worker - Work Environment
Overnight Travel - not required
To apply for this position, please complete the online application process. You will have an opportunity to include your resume and a cover letter.
Recruiters, Search Agencies or others referring candidates to GOJO Industries, Inc. without written authorization from GOJO Industries, Inc. Human Resources will not be compensated in any way for their online referral even if GOJO Industries, Inc. hires the candidate. GOJO does not seek or respond to unsolicited resumes for positions that are not listed in the Careers section.
GOJO is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the United States.