At QBE, we are always looking to connect with top talent - for current vacancies as well as for future opportunities. It is our aim to continuously build a strong candidate pipeline across all of our businesses and key locations in North America. Post submitting your interest to this specific hiring profile, our Recruitment Team will review your credentials and areas of expertise. Should there be a current or prospective opportunity that is commensurate with your career experience, we will contact you for an exploratory discussion. We appreciate your consideration of QBE as an employer of choice.
This position is accountable to the financial success of the company by underwriting crop insurance, to assure compliance with rules and regulations of the Federal Crop Insurance Program and company policies regarding crop hail and named peril policies.
* Apply underwriting judgment in order to review, evaluate and price crop insurance policies along with adhering to company policy, state and federal regulations within established authority
*Ensure complete and accurate policy processing activities by reviewing and/or data entry of applications, policy changes, actual production history (APH), acreage report (AR) written agreements, and gathering missing information, resolving inconsistencies and confirming next steps
*Print status reports and track policy cycle to completion, ensuring coverage continuation and avoiding late penalties
*Provide processing and support for claims and compliance departments and complete transactions within area of responsibility
*Review all written agreement documents before submission
*Track, monitor and route written agreements to ensure timely processing
*Correct errors and resolve issues with the FCIC Error Report
*Effectively answer requests for information regarding crop hail from key stakeholders
*Assist team members with questions and training
*Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and influencing others to reward performance and value "can do" people, accountability, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity and fun
* High School Diploma/GED
* 2 years relevant experience
* Quickly and accurately perform data entry
*Use multiple resources to gather and analyze information and use logic to underwrite basic risk exposures within authority
*Understand the needs and goals of a customer and actively look for ways to meet them
*Build and maintain professional networks
*Clearly and confidently convey information to a wide audience
*Prioritize interests of the company and community during decision-making
*Complete tasks by taking decisive or quick action
*Utilize established procedures to guide decision-making
*Communicate information in a clear, well-organized, and professional manner
*Follow established guidelines to focus on details and complete tasks attentively and thoroughly
*Escalate issues when necessary
*Demonstrated multitasking while maintain accuracy skill
*Maintain highest confidentiality
*Make decisions and act in uncertain and ambiguous situations
*Quickly learn, understand and take action
*Multi-task and handle competing priorities
*High attention to detail
*Adapt and be flexible in a complex changing environment
*Motivational, inspirational and enthusiastic approach to team involvement and engagement
*Demonstrated interest in enhancing knowledge; seeks opportunities to learn and grow
*Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy
*Able to self-start and manage to an end
*Able to assist team members with learning
* Associate's Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
* Experience in an underwriting capacity
*insurance industry experience
*crop insurance experience
* Working knowledge of crop insurance industry and underwriting policies, practices and processes
*Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
*Proficient with Easy Mapping, Easy Hail, On Base and workflow
*Terminology, function and fundamental capabilities of common computer, software, information and communication technology devices, components and concepts
QBE Cultural DNA
* Everything we do at QBE is underpinned by our DNA (which interlinks seven cultural elements) - because we know it's not just what we do that matters, it's how we do it that makes the difference. We expect all employees to role model and inspire the right behaviours that link to our cultural elements:-We are customer-centred-We are technical experts-We are diverse-We are fast-paced-We are courageous-We are accountable-We are a teamAll employees are expected to adhere to QBE's Code of Ethics and Conduct and apply sound risk management practices
US Only - Travel Frequency
* Infrequent (approximately 1-4 trips annually)
US Only - Physical Demands
* General office jobs: Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is not substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time. Must be able to operate basic office equipment including telephone, headset and computer. Incumbent must be able to lift basic office equipment up to 20 lbs.
US Only - Disclaimer
* To successfully perform this job, the individual must be able to perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
* Individual Contributor
* The duties listed in this job description do not limit the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the duties normally to be performed in the position or those occasionally assigned outside an employee's normal duties.Our Group Code of Ethics and Conduct addresses the responsibilities we all have at QBE to our company, to each other and to our customers, suppliers, communities and governments. It provides clear guidance to help us to make good judgement calls.
Number of Openings:
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The companies of QBE North America are committed to equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, citizenship, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. All personal information contained in this application will be kept confidential as required by law.