Overview of Responsibilities
* Contact landowners and/or their agents, to negotiate agreement of Rights of Way (easements) for proposed utility equipment. Obtain necessary contact and tax map information for easement processing.
* Assist in the performance of load studies on distribution transformers, investigate circuit overloads and voltage complaints to determine necessary corrective action.
* Prepare and submit required reports and correspondence.
* Assist in the acquisition of field data.
* Assist in the gathering of information from field notes.
* Perform tasks such as digitizing, copying and scanning of drawings, prints and maps.
* Utilize client and company information systems to track and update design activities.
* Design and prepare independently, construction orders related to overhead, underground facilities associated with electric distribution systems applying prescribed standards, guides, specifications and procedures.
* Apply the client's standards, guidelines, specifications, practices and procedures or appropriate industry standards in preparing layouts of overhead and/or underground electric distribution facilities.
* Prepare design sketches, cost estimates, bill of materials and any other required documents and reports for construction and maintenance projects.
* Follow Code of Safe Practices as outlined in the company safety policies.
Education, Licenses and Certifications:
* Associate degree from an accredited two-year college or technical school in computer science, computer aided architectural drafting and design or related field (Preferred)
* Associate Degree in Engineering (Power Delivery preferred)
* Management may consider other education and work experience to be acceptable for this position
Clean and valid Driver's license required; Must be at least 21 years of age to drive on company time including personal and company vehicle
* Analytical competence to interact with variety of individuals including engineers and experienced distribution system designers.
* Perform visual inspection of overhead and underground electrical distribution facilities and equipment in order to compile field data collection, minor work order preparation, and maintenance reports of distribution equipment.
* 0-3 years total accumulated position related experience in CAD or design field.
* Proficient in Computer Aided Design (experience with 3D platforms a plus).
* AutoCAD and/or GIS Skills desired.
* Proficiency in reading and understanding technical drawings and specifications.
* Possess a working knowledge of the practices and procedures pertaining to technical matters in electric distribution design.
* Experience in similar power systems audit, layout, technician, or design role
* Possess a working knowledge of the National Electrical Safety Codes (NESC).
* Ability to produce accurate work with attention to detail.
* Proficiency in MS Office programs.
* Self-starter who can work with little or no supervision, strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
* Travel is primarily local to the client and project during the business day, although some out of the area and overnight travel may be expected.
* Management may consider other education and work experience to be acceptable for this position.
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match.
For more information please visit our website at .
clear and valid driver's license is required for this role
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled