OhioMeansJobs|Cleveland-Cuyahoga county is partnering with a local manufacturing company to source for a Maintenance Technician.
- JOB TITLE DESCRIPTION:
- The Maintenance Technician or designate will perform maintenance functions and assist fellow maintenance technicians as a team in the activities of the Maintenance DepartmentHan at the assigned facility.
- REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS:
- This position Directly reports to: Maintenance/Facilities and Engineering Manager
- RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
The responsibilities and authorities for this position include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Proactively complete maintenance work to include electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and general
repair and maintenance of all equipment to maintain quality and production levels
- Responsible for troubleshooting of equipment and miscellaneous downtime issues
- Perform preventative maintenance of equipment within manufacturers specifications
Maintain the building by repairing as required
- Fabricating or building items as requested
- Complete Workorders and PM’s utilizing Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Recommend and participate in Continuous Improvement activities.
- Ensure personal and associate awareness and understanding of ISO 14001 and ISO/TS 16949
(includes ISO 9001) Standards, and company policies and procedures.
- During management system audit events provide evidence in support of conformance with
applicable standards and procedures, and participate in corrective action activities as necessary
- Promote an atmosphere of teamwork at all times
- Ensure that a clean and safe work environment is always maintained
- Abide by Company Value Statement and the Company Standard Code of Conduct
- Complete any other duties as assigned
- HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Maintenance Technician is responsible for complying with the Company Health & Safety Program including Occupational Health & Safety Legislation, regulations, standards and Company Health & Safety policies. Reference: JDA-003 Worker/Supplied Labour Health & Safety Responsibilities (Addendum to worker Job Descriptions).
- MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
This position requires the following minimum education qualifications:
- Must possess a secondary school diploma or equivalent, with preference given to those who have completed Maintenance diploma/certificate and/or hold a ticket in industrial maintenance.
- Preference will be given to those candidates who have education in the areas of electrical, PLC, mechanical and hydraulics.
- The successful candidate must also have achieved the Company determined pass on an internal Technical Test.
- WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
This position requires the following minimum work experience qualifications:
- Experience in industrial maintenance, with preference given to those who have knowledge and experience in the areas of PLC, electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, as well as various pump, vessel, and compressor maintenance.
- Must have the ability to be trained for the above-mentioned responsibilities and authorities
- Acceptable performance record and attendance record required
- OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to work shift rotation and/or overtime with little or no prior notice
- Understanding of expectations detailed through Organization Statements, Standards, Visions, Policies and Procedures (i.e. Mission, Values, Code of Conduct, Operational, Quality, and Environmental Health & Safety) as referenced in Employee Handbooks and communicated through Orientation and/or other training awareness opportunities
- Additional training requirements may be identified based on plant-specific location (municipality/province/state/country) and/or operational needs that are commensurate with the duties, expectations and responsibilities of the role within the specific plant
- Ability to perform well in high pressure situations
- Meets expectation in all applicable Competencies
- Must be self-motivated with excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Must be capable of performing the essential duties which include maximum safe lifts to the
75th percentile of the employee as determined by acceptable standards
- Access to reliable transportation
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods at a time as well as use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to; walk and reach with hands and arms, squat, kneel, and climb. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. Job descriptions will be reviewed and may be revised as business requires.
Plasman is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V
CHANGE RECORD LOG
Description of Change
HR Manager – WP1
Newly revised format, review and document control
HR Manager – WP1
Revised section 4.1 (changed addendum verbiage)
HR Manager – FPP
Revised section 3.4 (added responsibility) and newly revised format, review and document control
HR Services Manager
Removed repeat section on promoting atmosphere of teamwork, added section 3.2
Maintenance Manager, CLE
HR Manager, CLE
Took out MP2 and replaced it with CMMS, added pump, vessel and compressor maintenance to work experience requirements.
HR Ops Admin
HR Manager, CLE
Doc # revised to CLE, added applicable plant CLE
(216) 777-8209 office