OhioMeansJobs|Cleveland-Cuyahoga county is partnering with a local manufacturing company to source for a Process Lab Technician.
- JOB TITLE DESCRIPTION:
- The Process Technician is responsible for maintaining chemical process through additive adjustments and preventative maintenance.
- REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS:
- This position reports directly to: Process Engineer
- This position reports indirectly to: Process Supervisors
- RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
The responsibilities and authorities for this position include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Verify all pumps and filters are on and running properly at the start of your shift.
- Assure all process tanks are at operational level.
- Communicate with previous and following Lab Technicians, Process Technicians, Machine Operators, Wastewater Treatment Operators, Supervisors, and Process Engineer. Address any problems and or get updated on ongoing problems.
- Make all chemical additives to process tanks.
- Check pH’s of process tanks.
- Perform preventative maintenance on process tanks.
- Perform corrective actions on process tanks.
- Perform feeder calibrations.
- Run hull cell panels as needed.
- Collect monthly samples for outside lab analysis.
- Check drum and day tank levels, change and fill as needed.
- Monitor regen tanks.
- Cover Lab Analyst as needed.
- Cover and/or assist Filter Technician as needed.
- Maintain 6S in the New and Open Chemical Storage areas.
- Chemical inventory for process tanks.
- Utilize Communication Board, Logbook, and emailing system to report any important messages.
- Overtime is required with little or no prior notice.
- Serves as a member of Emergency Response Team.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Process Technician is responsible for complying with the Company Health & Safety Program including the Occupational Health Legislation, regulations, standards and Company Health & Safety policies. Reference: JDA-003: Worker/Supplied Labour Health & Safety Responsibilities (Addendum to Worker Job Descriptions).
- MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR DESIGNATION REQUIREMENTS:
This position requires the following minimum education qualifications:
- MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
This position requires the following minimum work experience qualifications:
- Wet titration analysis
- Leadership experience or skills to provide direction to others
- Industrial lab experience or experience working with chemicals
- Basic general math skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong focus and ability to adhere to safety protocols when handling chemicals
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently under limited supervision
- Tow Motor License
- MINIMUM TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
This position requires the following minimum training:
- As applicable: WHMIS or SDS
- Quality, Environmental Health & Safety, and other relevant Company Policy awareness
- New Employee Orientation (when required)
- OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to lift 30-50 pounds as needed when receiving inventory or replacing a chemical with a new one.
- Ability to work overtime with little or no notice.
(216) 777-8209 office