OhioMeansJobs|Cleveland-Cuyahoga county is currently partnering with a local manufacturing company to source for a Machine Operator.
- JOB TITLE DESCRIPTION:
- The Machine Operator is responsible for operating the machine in a safe manner at all times and following the safety measures set by the management of the facility.
- REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS:
- This position reports directly to: Process Supervisor
- RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
The responsibilities and authorities for this position include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Check scrap sheet hourly to assure machine is operating correctly. Check rectifiers continually for correct current and amperage.
- Follow daily voltage settings. Constantly check parts from decorative chrome to see if any changes are to be made.
- Take hourly temperatures of designated tanks with thermometer. Watch bath levels and adjust to correct fill.
- Keep machine catwalks clear of any parts and check tanks for floating parts and handle accordingly.
- Watch for lost parts and work with Line Leaders and Supervisors to correct.
3.7 Clear machine jam-ups in the safest way possible.
3.8 Promote an atmosphere of teamwork at all times.
3.9 Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
3.10 Completes other duties as assigned.
- HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Machine Operator is responsible for complying with the Company Health & Safety Program including the Occupational Health Legislation, regulations, standards and Company Health & Safety policies. Reference: JDA-003: Worker/Supplied Labour Health & Safety Responsibilities (Addendum to Worker Job Descriptions).
- MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR DESIGNATION REQUIREMENTS:
This position requires the following minimum education qualifications:
- List required and preferred education including certifications, designations, etc.
- MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
This position requires the following minimum work experience qualifications:
- Machine Operator experience; good working knowledge of our products will be considered in lieu of this experience.
- Tow motor experience
- MINIMUM TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
This position requires the following minimum training:
- Quality, Environmental Health & Safety, and other relevant Company Policy awareness
- New Employee Orientation (when required)
- OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Basic math skills required.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to meet the physical lifting requirement of this position – lift 50 pounds occasionally or 25-40 pounds regularly, without assistance.
- Able to work hours before and after assigned shift including weekends as needed.
(216) 777-8209 office