Laserflex, part of the Ryerson family of companies, is a full-service precision metal fabricator specializing in laser material processing technology. With facilities located in Columbus, OH and Greenville, SC, Laserflex provides services to a wide range of manufacturers throughout North America. By aligning technology and experience along with a commitment to service and quality, Laserflex provides the most efficient and competitively priced metal fabrication services in the marketplace.
We are seeking a reliable, efficient assembler to join our team. In this position, you will assemble products using an array of tools and equipment. Emphasis on quality, a dedication to performing work accurately, and a keen attention to detail are a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assemble a variety of different products made from materials including, but not limited to aluminum, steel, stainless steel and fiberglass using several different types fasteners and hardware.
* Review, analyze, and follow various blueprints, procedures, and instructions.
* Verifies specifications by measuring completed assemblies and subassemblies.
* Identify any product defects; record and report them accordingly.
* Grind, polish and finish components as required.
* Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Documents actions by completing production entries.
* Directs other assembly operators.
* Ensures that production schedules are being followed and due dates are being met within the assembly department.
* High school diploma
* 5+ years of assembly experience
* Ability to read and work from blueprints
* Strong knowledge of fasteners and hardware used to assemble sheet material.
* Experience using hand and power tools such as drills, die grinders, dynafiles, screwdrivers, wrenches and clamps to name a few.
* Experience using measuring tools.
* Strong attention to detail
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Team player with a strong, positive attitude
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.