Scheduled Hours Per Week:
With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level.
CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions:
2020 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work
2020Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence
Top 101 2020 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation
2020 Healthiest 100 Workplace in America
2021 Top Workplaces USA
We are seeking a Manager of Accounting to manage and oversee general corporate accounting and related functions for the Corporate Headquarters operations in our Cleveland office.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties:
* Manage and supervise day to day accounting functions/activities related to corporate office. Such functions/activities include, but not limited to, assisting the following areas as needed: functional group leadership, financial planning and analysis team, and business divisional finance team in accounting related matters.
* Manage and supervise the accounting for stock-based compensation (ASC 718), treasury accounting (ASC 815), leases (ASC 842), revenue recognition (ASC 606), annual goodwill impairment testing (ASC 350) and other areas.
* Participate and lead, as needed, transactional accounting activities, such as business acquisitions and divestitures, earn-out obligation calculation, healthcare accrual, legal accrual, and other areas.
* Support Assistant Corporate Controller in overseeing the monthly accounting close and related activities.
* Support Assistant Corporate Controller in interacting with external auditors to maintain relationship, assess the efficiency of the audit and ensure that support and explanations for all requests are provided
* As requested, research technical accounting topics and prepare memos documenting conclusions. Stay informed of the latest rules, regulations and disclosure requirements.
* Supervise assigned employees, provide staff development and succession planning.
* Additional duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration
* MBA and/or CPA
* 5 years of progressive experience in accounting, preferably in public accounting
* Functional knowledge of US GAAP
* Commitment to a team approach
* Experience in managing professional staff a plus
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Strong attention to detail, decision-making, problem-solving, time management and organizational skills
* Must maintain confidentiality in all matters relating to the Company and employees
* High School Diploma (or GED) and 7 years experience in relevant field
* Must have and preserve required licenses
* Proficient use of applicable technology
* Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of an organization,
both internally and externally
* Ability to travel as required by business
CBIZ.Jobs Category: Corporate
If you are a qualified individual with a disabilityyou may request reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by calling 844-558-1414 (toll free)or send an email to .
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant's race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit these following pages EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement.
PAY TRANSPARENCY PROTECTION NOTIFICATION
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant's race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law.