he Purchasing Manager will conduct the business purchasing process to include vendor qualifications; contract bidding, negotiation and award. They will initiate all pre and post bid pricing, and material sourcing requirements for public and private bid requests received by the company. This person will be responsible for issuing Purchase Orders, AIA Contracts and assisting the Accounts payable department with any conflicts. This position requires the ability to interface with both internal and external clients.
The Purchasing manager will also conduct all safety trainings and monitor its compliance. The said position is responsible for the safety program and familiarizing one's self with the requirements set for by the OSHA guidelines to help administer a safe workplace.
Key Responsibilities (summary):
- Gather pricing requests, issuance of Purchase Orders and Completion of AIA Contracts.
- Effectively communicating with project management personnel, vendors / suppliers and subcontractors.
- Assist project managers in preparing and completing construction project documentation.
- Basic Knowledge of Accounting (ie: General ledger, Job and Equipment Costing
- Knowledge of OSHA Safety Regulation with continued education at the workplace to hold/administer trainings and certifications.
- Key Skills:
- Background or general construction knowledge, and construction safety a plus
- Organized, detail orientation and the ability to multi-task a must
- Problem Solving Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, Google Chrome, and Adobe)
- Disciplined, pro-active, initiative to follow-thru.
Miller Contracting Group, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering career development, paid time off, health, vision, dental, life insurance and retirement benefits.