Curious and engaged minds thrive at McMaster-Carr. An internship here offers talented and driven college students an opportunity to chart a path to management. Whether you study Finance, Engineering, Anthropology, or English, you can rise to the challenge of managing a successful business. You will have the opportunity to understand the inner-workings of the company and learn first-hand how our business is run.
Who We Are
At McMaster-Carr we help customers build anything because we offer everything – we stock and distribute more than half a million products. We focus on creating visual and informative product merchandising, building our own systems and technology in-house, and improving operationally to create exceptional customer experiences around the globe. As we look to the future, we apply experimentation and innovation to the lessons learned since our start in 1901. Our success continues with the ideas and commitment of the bright and ambitious people that differentiate McMaster-Carr.
Your internship will include hands-on operational experience in a stimulating and collaborative environment. Throughout your summer you will:
- Make an impact by taking on project work and improving our business processes. Then, you will share your suggestions in a capstone presentation to senior leaders.
- Build a foundational understanding of our business and Goals & Strategies, and use this knowledge to increase your impact in a department.
- Attend professional development sessions that will help you learn how to structure data, bring data to life with compelling visual design, and deliver feedback effectively.
- Interact with our other distribution locations and work cross-functionally with various departments.
- Create and foster relationships with your cohort, managers, peer advisors, mentors, and senior leaders.
- Learn how McMaster-Carr supports local communities through donations and volunteering.
McMaster-Carr is committed to an inclusive workplace where you are valued and have a sense of belonging. Inclusion and diversity are built into the way we form teams, design projects, and create on-site resources. Regardless of your background, you can flourish at McMaster-Carr if you love to learn, do great work, and pursue ambitious goals. Successful candidates at McMaster-Carr tend to share some of the same qualities:
- A current sophomore or junior with strong academic performance
- Excellent communication and creative problem-solving skills
- Eagerness to learn new things, adaptability, and a growth-oriented mindset
McMaster-Carr offers benefits to build a healthy, positive workplace that encourages you to do great work. At McMaster-Carr, work is just one part of a full life and we strive to create a balance that meets your needs and those of our customers. As an intern, you will enjoy competitive pay and assistance with summer housing. Should you join us full time, our shared commitment to success leads to an investment in our financial well- being through competitive wages, profit sharing, medical insurance with no monthly premiums, company-funded retirement accounts, full tuition reimbursement, first-time home buyer assistance, and more.
For more information on McMaster-Carr, please visit: https://www.mcmaster.com/careers
EOE/M/F/VET/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity