Scheduled Hours Per Week:
With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level.
CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions:
2020 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work
2020 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence
Top 101 2020 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation
2020 Healthiest 100 Workplace in America
2021 Top Workplaces USA
CBIZ is one of the nation's leading professional business services providers, including accounting & tax, valuation, benefits, and payroll. We serve the nation's growing mid-market public and private companies, nonprofit organizations and governmental entities.
Senior Payroll Manager - Guides and directs the work of the payroll staff (to include candidate screenings, performance reviews and disciplinary action) and also process payroll for a select group of CBIZ companies. As a management position, the Senior Payroll Manager is not eligible to telecommute on a regular basis.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties:
* Lead department of Payroll Specialists in payroll processing, including their duties from a policy, procedure and process perspective
* Functional lead in implementation of new payroll system expected to occur within 18 months
* Work to determine appropriate assignments for payroll specialists, re: volume/complexity
* Lead research and compliance, re: regulatory requirements, reporting and record keeping
* Interpret and ensure internal company policy compliance
* Provide training to new and current payroll specialists
* Lead the efforts to continue improvement of processes and procedures for payroll processing
* Effectively handles escalated payroll issues
* Works closely with vendors and CBIZ Payroll
* Participates in payroll budgeting process
* Preview, edit and maintain payroll-related polices for the Handbook and policies and procedures.
* Initiate efficient communications to staff in pursuit of relevant payroll documentation per pay period
* Compile all payroll documentation to include compensation revisions, permissible payroll deductions, and garnishments
* Preparation of payroll processing for select payrolls, including completion of payroll worksheet and entry of data into payroll system
* Serve as payroll liaison between staff and vendor working to resolve questions
* Assist internal and external clients with requests and problems in a timely manner
* Notify necessary parties ensuring accuracy of appropriate data
* Support internal employee questions and act as mentor for less experienced employees
* Comply with internal controls and procedures
* Additional responsibilities as assigned
* Bachelor's degree preferred with minimum 7 years of Payroll experience, including 5 years supervisory experience
* Certified Payroll Professional designation (CPP)
* Comprehensive knowledge of payroll processing, accounting and payroll tax filing procedures
* Strong report writing skills
* Excellent customer relation skills
* Ability to work multiple simultaneous projects and maintain flexibility and control in the management of change while ensuring payrolls are processed within set timeframes
* Able to maintain confidential information
* Prior system implementation experience
* High School Diploma (or GED) and 7 years experience in relevant field
* Must have and preserve required licenses
* Proficient use of applicable technology
* Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of an organization,
both internally and externally
* Ability to travel as required by business
CBIZ.Jobs Category: Corporate
If you are a qualified individual with a disability you may request reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by calling 844-558-1414 (toll free) or send an email to .
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant's race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit these following pages EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement.
PAY TRANSPARENCY PROTECTION NOTIFICATION
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant's race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law.