We are American Greetings.
We are friendly hellos and great big smiles. We work hard and know how to have fun.
Our innovative and creative work is a reflection of each of us and the culture and values we share.
We are excited that you want to join us in helping make the world a more thoughtful and creative place.
Every. Single. Day
Our commitment to diversity is based on this basic belief that many points of view come together to make a stronger and more creative organization. It makes our products more authentic, and it makes American Greetings an even more exciting place to work.
* Diverse and inclusive culture with employee resources groups
* 13 paid holidays
* Flexible Schedules (Department Based)
* 401k- dollar-per-dollar match up to 6%
* Tuition assistance
* Wellness program
* AG Workperks Discount Program
* All Hands Meetings
* Employee Assistance Program
* Medical, dental, vision
The Corporate Communications Writer will play an important role in the Company's strategic communications efforts. As a member of the corporate communication team, they will partner with internal stakeholders to research and write effective internal and external communications such as articles, announcements, speaking points, scripts, media releases, etc.
The role is primarily responsible for seeking out, writing and editing materials that inform, connect and inspire associates about our business and company culture.
The position reports directly to the Director of Corporate Communications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Write both internal and external communications. This includes but is not limited to employee communications/announcements, executive communications, speech writing, video scripts, communication plans, media plans and media releases. Writes for both the company's intranet and external internet site.
* Proactively identifies and develops compelling, timely content.
* Participate in the complete editorial process -- ideation, writing, editing, fact-checking, proofreading.
* Provide counsel on internal and external messaging and content development to ensure that communications are clear and aligned with the company's strategic goals.
* Assist the broader communications team with writing needs, including the drafting and editing of articles, press releases among other communications.
* Anticipate needs, respond quickly to requests and draft materials as needed.
* Work with teams to proactively solve problems using communications tools and good common sense.
* Monitors the article request process to keep track of requests for communications that are submitted from associates throughout the organization.
* Edits content submitted from various departments for consistency and accuracy. Ensures alignment with corporate strategies and key messages. Ensures that communications are reviewed and approved by the stakeholders.
* Works with multiple contacts at all levels of the organization to secure information and develop messages.
* Deals with confidential information on a regular basis.
* Develops and maintains the CorporateAmericanGreetings.com, and other external internet sites as needed.
* Acts as a liaison for departments that work with the internet and technical vendors. Helps coordinate and align projects with existing strategies and the corporate culture and tone.
Internal and External Support
* Participates in media relations activities such as writing and distributing press releases, external statements and addressing media inquiries as necessary.
* Moderates questions, comments, and general feedback within imAGine, and works with appropriate internal resources to address any issues or questions.
* Assists with the planning of special events, conferences and meetings for associate audiences.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. We desire to place a priority on referrals of protected veterans. EOE M/F/disability/vet VEVRAA Federal Contractor