ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK – PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
VineBrook Homes is an internally managed real estate investment company specializing in acquiring, renovating, and leasing single family homes. Unlike other providers, VineBrook takes a different approach in the growing Single Family Rental Home industry, focusing on affordability and value for our residents. Since our commencement in 2007, we have quickly become one of the largest providers of quality homes with a variety of housing options offered. We own or manage over 14,000+ single-family homes in 13 states and 19 major Midwest/Heartland markets. Additionally, VineBrook Homes is currently undergoing the next major expansion, expecting to drive toward 25,000+ homes.
We are currently seeking a qualified Accounts Payable Clerk. If you are a candidate who desire a long term career opportunity with a successful company in the residential services industry, please apply with us.
The Accounts Payable Clerk compiles and maintains accounts payable records.
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Enters approved invoices into Yardi software, ensuring correct charge of unit and account.
- Corporate office clerks will print and obtain signatures on all accounts payable checks.
- Distributes signed checks as required.
- Contacts vendors if there are questions concerning invoices or statements.
- Answers all vendor inquiries.
- Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and corporate accounts payable files.
- Assists corporate financial officers and branch personnel as necessary.
- Assists in monthly closings.
- Prepares analysis of accounts, as required.
- Performs filing and coping.
- No travel is expected for this position.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some overtime is required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two to three years' previous experience.
- Data entry skills
- Strong Mathematics
- Exemplary Customer Service skills.
- Time Management skills
- Experience using accounting software.
PREFERED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Two year degree in accounting
- Prior experience using YARDI accounting software.
- Valid driver's license.
- Pass a Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Credit, and Criminal Background Check.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We offer industry competitive wages and benefits. Comprehensive training is offered to all employees, with additional education offered to those interested in greater opportunities. Each employee must pass a national background check and full panel drug screening.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of the job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants shall be considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. We are also a Drug Free Work Place. Qualified applicants will also be required to pass a drug screening before receiving an offer or beginning employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.