Cooper Farms is a family-owned farm and food company based in Northwest Ohio for over 80 years. Our Processing Plant produces some of the highest quality turkey products in America, and you can join us in feeding others today. Cooper Farms is currently looking for General Production team members to work flexible hours.
OBJECTIVE: Responsible for performing all assigned job duties in the designated area while working toward achieving the goals of the department.
QUALIFICATIONS: Qualified candidates must have basic reading and writing skills.
SKILLS REQUIRED: The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, follow detailed instructions and have flexibility in the task being performed is required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: For the physical requirements of this job, please see Human Resources.
- Assist in duties associated with the following positions in the plant, as directed:
- Evisceration –Pulling feathers, rehang, neck slit, vent gun, j-cut, heart/liver harvest, viscera drop, lung gun, crop, oil gland, salvage & hock clipper.
- Deboning –Utilize a whizard or hand knife, inspect and trim defects without cutting off excess meat. Perform work related to shoulders, wing debone, scapula, miscellaneous inspect, rework, keel bone cut, wingette cut and operating drumette deboners. Rework hind saddles that do not run through the leg processors and all thigh rework.
- Sanitation – Clean and sanitize all production equipment, machinery, conveyors, and areas. Hose down, clean and sanitize floors. Empty all trash containers.
- Assist in keeping your workstation clean and edible products off the floor.
- Promote the Cooper Culture through trainings and personal demonstration.
- Maintain an active interest in performance level, attendance, and attitude.
- Follow all safety practices and protocols.
- Perform all duties as apparent or assigned.
These are the current essential functions of the job and are subject to change.
This position is a part-time, daily team member position.