Here, we believe there's not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there's a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We'll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans
The DevOps Manager leads a team that provides high quality technology solutions and platforms at speed and scale. Manager addresses business needs with high level design plans for overall logical and technical IT architecture for the E-Business Center of Excellence. They build and mentor a team of engineers that provide technical direction and leads adoption on modern cloud technologies and DevOps processes. Manager will support multiple projects and have a technical hands-on lead as needed. Manager is responsible for developing team members. Manager is responsible for leading team approach to automation and process improvements.
An effective DevOps Manager will have a broad range of technical knowledge and will manage a team that support multiple projects and divisions, as well as consultative technical leadership across the organization, from strategic decision making to project planning to governance and oversight. This position will work closely with others to grow their base of knowledge, but also share their knowledge with the business and IT teams via collaborative meetings, documentation, and formal presentations. This role offers a unique opportunity to be part of a growing IT department focused on digital technologies including E-Commerce.
Strategy & Planning
* Provide strategic, technical and operational expertise and leadership in support of business and technology transformational activities.
* Contribute to technology strategy and planning; research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts; recommend introduction of technologies, new features, or other non-functional requirements for implementation that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility.
* Develop and foster relationships with the divisional and business unit subject matter experts.
* Promote synergies and reuse within and across projects and programs in order to maximize rapid yet responsible delivery of business value, as well as championing DevOps principles and strategies.
* Plan and coordinate system upgrades including security based.
* Compile and recommend wants/needs for annual budgeting process and prepare presentation to senior IT management.
* Coach, mentor and develop team members.
* Determine staffing and skills requirements.
* Plan and create training plan for team members.
* Lead the development of quarterly and yearly work plans.
* Lead the creation of Work Breakdown Structures for new project work.
* Stay current on emerging design patterns, software development or infrastructure concepts and industry best practices.
* Serve as a bridge between highly technical and highly business-focused teams, facilitating understanding and brokering agreements to shared goals through collaboration.
* Perform succession planning.
* Disaster recovery planning.
Acquisition & Deployment
* Provide technical management for multiple project initiatives.
* Manage technology life-cycle projects including technology evaluation, selection, implementation, support and retirement/replacement.
* Manage and prioritize daily support and project work.
* Manage support team to resolve and prevent production issues.
* Provide necessary resources to DevOps team to maximize productivity.
* Develop client relationships through communication and engagement on projects.
* Assist in the implementation of enterprise-wide technology standards.
* Manage operational support staff on-call rotation.
* Manage architectural designs and standards for implemented.
* Leverage reference architectures, systems models, use case scenarios, workflow diagrams, and data models to provide direction, and guidance to IT teams.
* Validate the infrastructure compliance to the requirements and verify the system's compliance to the architecture.
* Communicate and enforce system standards and solutions review processes.
* Mentor and/or provide guidance to all members of the team.
* Support risk identification and mitigation process and provide issue management recommendations as required.
* Track and validate budget spend.
* Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the group and other business/technical entities.
* Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
* Lead team and department meetings as needed.
* On-board and off-board contractors and other temporary staff as needed.
* Minimal travel, up to 5% is required.
* Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday may be required.
Formal Education & Certification
* Bachelor Degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
* 10+ years IT experience.
* 5+ years of hands-on experience developing documentation and presentations to different levels of management and technical staff.
* 4+ years of management experience.
* Hands-on experience applying multiple solutions to business problems.
* Proven experience effectively communicating to business domain stakeholders and technical staff alike.
* Demonstrated experience in influencing, communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
* 2+ years' experience implementing and operationalizing DevOps processes
* 2+ years' experience designing; executing and supporting enterprise IT cloud solutions.
* 2+ years experience creating automation for process improvements
* 2+ years experience with building, deploying and managing Containers and Container orchestration
* 2+ years creating and implementing Infrastructure as Code
* 2+ years experience with software configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible).
* 4+ years experience Continuous Integration tooling (Jenkins)
* Good understanding NGNIX Webserver or Apache based Webserver.
* Good understanding of DNS, TCP/IP, load balancing and network concepts.
* Strong knowledge of Linux.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
* Experience with eCommerce Systems and Platforms
* Experience with Content Management Systems
* Application Performance Management (Dynatrace or similar).
* Experience with Agile development and release practices.
* ITIL familiarity and experience.
* Exceptional written and oral communications skills.
* Exceptional ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
* Exceptional systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organization skills and problem solving skills.
* Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Ability to quickly pick up new tools and technologies.
* Strong ability to train and teach others.
* Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
* Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment, and to lead and influence cross-organizationally with and without direct authority.
* Exceptional ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with ambiguous or changing requirements.
* Thrives in an environment of continuous change; strives to act as an agent of change
Candidate must be eligible to work in the country for which they are applying for employment, without now or in the future needing sponsorship for employment work visa and/or permanent residence status.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-CLEVELAND
Work Locations: USA OH Cleveland Prospect Ave Headquarters
101 West Prospect Ave
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Inclusion and Diversity Supportive Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.