Science Director - Cleveland, Ohio
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the "World's Most Admired Companies," Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2020 revenues of $9.44 Billion and approximately 50,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions and approximately one third of U.S. physicians - and many of the country's leading hospitals and health systems - relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and outcomes.
* FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 7 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
* Fortune magazine's Fortune 500 list
* Forbes Global 2000
* Forbes' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
* Forbes 2020 America's Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
* S&P 500
* Barron's 500
* Member of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index
* Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo sustainability indices
* Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
* Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
* Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
* Listed on the Disability Equality Index (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
* Named Top 23 'Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality' in New Jersey
* Named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by scoring a perfect 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the fifth consecutive year.
* Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
* Received C. Everett Koop National Health Award for Efforts to Promote Employee Health in 2020
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests - such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count - to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics' reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics' long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
* Deliver Innovative Solutions
* Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
* Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
* Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
The Science Director will lead, expand and oversee scientific operations, quality, testing capacity and assay improvement. Candidates with a background in Clinical Chemistry and a strong understanding of cardiac testing are encouraged to apply.
* Developing, recommending, endorsing, and reviewing test methods to include validation, documentation, and installation of test systems for the departments under his/her supervision.
* Responsible for the development and on-going maintenance of a detailed laboratory procedure manual; format established to meet accreditation and licensing requirements.
* Responsible for determining the demand for new tests and for developing appropriate methods for these tests.
* Alternates daily and weekend on-call with other technical directors; responds to all telephone inquiries in a timely and accurate manner.
* Provides advice to referring physicians regarding the significance of laboratory findings and interpretation of laboratory data. Ensures that technical personnel are responsive to client inquiries or problems and/or that they are directed to a competent authority.
* Ensures that tests are performed in a timely manner using appropriate quality control procedures to provide valid data.
* Informs Director of Laboratory of any significant problems affecting the proper performance of test procedures or complaints concerning the validity of test results, turn-around times, and the like.
* Reviews and initials all weekly/monthly departmental quality control forms and survey results.
* Actively supports and complies with laboratory policies and procedures.
* Adheres to all established laboratory safety requirements.
* Ph.D. in appropriate clinical or applied science
* Board certified by American Board of Clinical Chemistry
* Complete and thorough knowledge of all pertinent regulatory and certification requirements
* Broad knowledge of technical aspects of the tests performed and equipment utilized by the departments under his/her supervision
* Ability to develop and/or direct the implementation of new and improved laboratory tests
* Sufficient administrative and management skills to direct, control and plan the activities of departmental personnel
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work effectively with junior, mid and senior levels in the organization, as well as across teams and functions
* Strong prioritization skills with the ability to respond quickly to emerging business requirements
* Sets a collaborative tone; seeks and receives feedback
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting, clicking "Job Search" and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Executive and Medical
Quest Diagnostics, Inc.
Sr. Executive Search Consultant
Quest Diagnostics, Inc.
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.