Job TitleDoD Skillbridge - Maintenance and Engineering InternshipsJob Description SummaryThis opportunity is unique to active duty US Military Service members with approval to participate in a DoD Skillbridge program. The description below is a basic overview of the responsibilities of facility maintenance and engineering role that an intern could have learning exposure to during their tenure as a DoD Skillbridge intern.
These internships are designed to expose the intern to industry-specific learnings in the following job description with the intention of bridging a skills-gap from military experience to commercial real estate facility maintenance and engineering.
Responsible to assist with the operation, troubleshooting, diagnostics, housekeeping, and repairs on commercial buildings, industrial systems, vehicles, grounds, and maintenance equipment for assigned properties/facilities.
These internships are available to many candidates who have mechanical experience in the military; to include MMs, MM Nuclear, EM, EM Nuclear, Damage Controlmen, Enginemen or similar roles in the Navy; aviation support equipment maintainers; facility maintainers, plubming, engineering, electrical, aviation electricians or maintainers and other similar roles across the branches of the US Armed Forces.Job Description
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Operate, replace and repair HVAC equipment and work with all refrigerants
* Ability to troubleshoot HVAC systems, refrigeration systems, related controls, motors, etc.
* Assist with troubleshooting and repairs of buildings and installed systems to include: packaging and handling machinery, plumbing systems, kitchen equipment, roofs, drains, shop, and grounds equipment
* Clean, lubricate, and service a wide variety of pumps, valves, pneumatic controls, electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic devices
* Complete all required safety training on time as assigned by the company
* Assist with installation and modification of building equipment and systems
* Replace and repair building finishes such as ceiling tiles, door hardware, wallpaper, and can paint walls, piping, floors and equipment
* Troubleshoot, evaluate, and make recommendations to upgrade maintenance operations and/or implement savings opportunities
* Possess competent knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment used in facility and ground maintenance
* Respond immediately to emergency situations and customer concerns
* Inspect buildings, grounds, and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions, preventative maintenance
* Maintain and operate fire and life safety systems such as; Fire alarm systems, fire pumps and related fire protection system equipment
* Perform soldering, welding, carpentry, and snow removal when necessary
* Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and Company directives as related to building operations and practice safe work habits
* Ability to use technology such as; smart phones, tablets, computers, web-based applications, building automation systems, etc.
* Complete all required C&W Safety Training as scheduled annually.
* Comply with C&W Uniform Dress Code while working and maintain a neat and clean appearance while on the property at times other than working hours
* Technical Proficiency
* Sense of Urgency
* High School Diploma of GED Equivalent
* HVAC trade school certificate/degree preferred
* Possess and maintain a valid driver's license (commercial license may be required) and good driving record with periodic checks
* Basic Computing Skills in Outlook, Excel & Word
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Regularly required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Must have ability to stoop, stand, climb, frequently lift a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pumps, tools, ladders) and safely install rigging/lifting devices
* Regularly required to crouch and reach to install/move equipment by bending forward at the waist or by bending legs and spine
* Involves movement between departments, floors, and properties to facilitate work
* Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
* Ability to read and understand information presented orally and in writing
* Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, drawings, and schematics
C&W provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative? Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.