Position/Title: Machine Operator
Reports to: Operations Manager
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Machine Operator is responsible for operating various types of machines throughout the entire production process.
CORE & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Perform machine setups to start a production cycle.
• Compile the necessary raw materials, ensure appropriate portions/measurements and place them in the machine as specified.
• Control and adjust the functions and settings of machines (e.g. values, speed) per the batch sheet specifications.
• Ensure proper fill on each container pursuant to the batch sheet.
• Solve production issues, as necessary.
• Check output to discover any machine-related mistakes or flaws.
• Report to supervisor(s) regularly, keeping them updated on production activities and progress.
• Test the operation of machines periodically to guarantee their smooth running.
• Keep records of approved and defective units or final products.
• Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus. Proven experience as a machine operator preferred. Ability to read specifications, schematics and manuals. Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools. Understanding of production procedures. Adherence to health and safety regulations. (e.g. constant use of protective gear) Analytical skills and attention to detail. Teamwork and good communication skills.
The employee is required to sit, climb, balance, carry, push, pull, reach, and adjust body position to bend, stoop, walk, turn, pivot, sit, and stand for long periods of time. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 65 pounds with assistance. Must wear all required personal protective equipment in designated areas and use necessary care to avoid placing self and others in an unsafe environment. Hearing and vision required to be within normal ranges. Read at, above, and below shoulder height. Sufficient manual dexterity required to operate equipment. Ability to communicate orally in a clear, concise and effective manner with the co-workers, company representatives, management, and staff in face-to-face, one-on-one and group settings. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance at the facility.
Normal range of tolerance to household and other types of typical industrial/construction chemicals and solvents. The noise level in the work environment may be elevated.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Innovative Metals Company, Inc. “IMETCO” is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, military status, veteran status, marital status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, citizenship, sexual orientation, age (40 and older), disability (except where the disability prevents the individual from being able to perform the essential functions of the job and cannot be reasonably accommodated) or any other legally protected characteristic under federal, state or local law.