Sow Farm Team Member - Various Locations
Locations: Stryker, Waynesfield, Elida, Circleville, Marion, Kenton and Middle Point.
About the Role:
- Assist with feeding, watering and movement of sows and piglets
- Maintain specified housekeeping assignments, including power washing and disinfecting
- Carry out and understand the importance of all biosecurity procedures
- Keep accurate record keeping for breeding and farrowing of sows within a timely and accurate manner
- Perform vaccinations and identify/provide medical treatment to maintain the health of sows
- Process, treat, castrate and wean piglets
- Artificially inseminate and heat check sows
- Perform other job duties assigned that are found to be necessary
Who You Are:
- GED or high school diploma preferred
- Must be able to work early mornings,weekends and holidays as needed
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds consecutively
- Have a passion for agriculture
- Able to handle multiple assignments and tasks around the farm
- Evidence of analytical reasoning and mathematical skills to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Previous farm experience preferred
About the Company:
Kalmbach Swine Management (KSM), a division of Kalmbach Feeds, is a leading pork producer in Ohio. We entered the industry in 1985 with the purchase of a 600 head farrow to finish operation in Circleville. Through innovative management and dedicated teamwork, we have expanded our operations to include fourteen farrow-to-wean sow units housing over 30,000 animals.We are a company whose primary focus is to maximize production and lower cost in order to produce safe, wholesome pork with an emphasis on animal welfare.
Additional information regarding our exciting company can be found at www.kalmbachfeeds.com/ as well as by viewing the video at https://youtu.be/UONTNdszwY4
What You Will Enjoy:
- Hourly compensation starting at $14.50
- Pay increase within the first 90 days
- In depth onboarding, training and development programs
- Upward advancement and career growth
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans available after waiting period
- 401K with company match after waiting period
- Accrue up to 3 weeks paid time off in first year
- Access to company condo in Fort Meyers, Florida
- Compensation increase after successful completion of training programs
- Team Member referral program
Kalmbach Feeds is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Each applicant for employment is considered solely based on job qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
The information in your resume and application, including employment history, educational history and references, are subject to verification.
Pre-employment drug screen (hair and urine), physical, nicotine test and criminal background check required. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.