Cooper Farms has been raising turkeys and hogs in Northwest Ohio for over 80 years with a team of quality team members. Currently, we are seeking a Farrowing Technician to join our sow farm team. Our farms work in small groups to provide the best care to our animals, lending to a true team environment.
Cooper Farms consistently works to be more than just a workplace to our team members. We provide generous paid vacation immediately after hire, eight (8) paid holidays; medical, dental, vision and life insurance, and FREE healthcare clinics; a 401(k) plan with company match; year-end profit-sharing bonuses; great deals on Cooper Farms deli and turkey products; a $300 yearly wellness reimbursement, and so many more opportunities to earn and grow with the company. Apply today to learn what “more than a workplace” really means!
OBJECTIVE: To learn and perform all current practices and techniques to properly operate within the farrowing barn at a sow complex.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: For the physical requirements of this job, please see Human Resources.
- Animal care and welfare.
- Processing newborn piglets.
- Pressure washing.
- Removal and disposal of mortality and farrowing by-products.
- Maintain a designated feeding routine.
- Barn maintenance as needed.
- Team member participation.
- Maintain safe work habits & a positive safety attitude.
- Demonstrate quality workmanship in responsibilities.
- Perform related work as apparent or assigned.
- Maintain a cooperative attitude toward managers and other team members.
- Maintain an active interest in performance level.
In all areas described above, the individual should project a positive image, show a high level of responsibility, cooperate and communicate well with management staff, promote safety and the future growth of the company.