Cooper Farms is a family-owned farm and food company based in Northwest Ohio for over 80 years. A commitment to teamwork and quality has made them one of the top turkey, hog and egg companies in the U.S. Cooper Farms is currently seeking a Maintenance Tech at our Van Wert location. If you fit the criteria below and are looking to join a company that not only cares, but helps to put food on America’s tables, click apply today!
Cooper Farms consistently works to be more than just a workplace to our team members. We provide generous paid vacation immediately after hire, eight (8) paid holidays; medical, dental, vision and life insurance, and FREE healthcare clinics; a 401(k) plan with company match; year-end profit-sharing bonuses; great deals on Cooper Farms deli and turkey products; a $300 yearly wellness reimbursement, and so many more opportunities to earn and grow with the company. Apply today to learn what “more than a workplace” really means!
Objective/Summary of Position: To assist the rest of the maintenance department in trouble-shooting/fixing machines so that production can continue.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Electrical skills
- Pneumatics and hydraulics knowledge
- Must be able to stand entire shift
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 100 pounds
- Must be able to work in cool, damp environment
Major Responsibilities/Essential Functions of Job:
- Perform all assigned preventive maintenance procedures as assigned
- Set up and tear down various machines
- Complete all assigned work orders to ensure good workmanship and to note any problems encountered to immediate supervisor
- Be available for urgent maintenance situations
- Record all parts used and/or damaged
- Accurately complete all required paperwork
- Any other duties as apparent or assigned by supervisor
- These are the current essential functions of the job and are subject to change