Cooper Farms, a leading farm and food company in Western Ohio, is seeking a Class A CDL Poult Truck Driver to join our team of CDL drivers. In this position you would deliver poults (baby turkeys) to farms where they will be raised. Our CDL crew enjoys the ability to work for a family-owned company that cares about their people. Drivers enjoy driving nice clean Mack trucks. Drop pay, border-crossing pay, per diem and mileage-based bonuses give you the opportunity to earn more. Paid weekly.
Cooper Farms consistently works to be more than just a workplace to our team members. We provide generous paid vacation immediately after hire, eight (8) paid holidays; medical, dental, vision and life insurance, and FREE healthcare clinics; a 401(k) plan with company match; year-end profit-sharing bonuses; great deals on Cooper Farms deli and turkey products; a $300 yearly wellness reimbursement, and so many more opportunities to earn and grow with the company. Apply today to learn what “more than a workplace” really means!
OBJECTIVE: Deliver correct poults to all farms in the proper amounts.
QUALIFICATIONS: Class A CDL required; 2 years over the road experience; maintain a clean driving record.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: For the physical requirements of this job, please see Human Resources.
1. Deliver all poults as scheduled with a positive attitude.
2. Obey all state and federal laws.
3. Class A CDL required, 2 years over the road experience, clean driving record.
4. Keep truck clean; wash and disinfect; & keep maintenance reports and daily mileage records.
5. Conduct regular vehicle inspection checks including engine oil, tires, turn signals, brake lights, gauges, etc. to ensure vehicle is in safe working condition.
6. Keeps maintenance records.
7. Help in other areas when needed.
8. Report immediately when any repairs are needed.
9. Team Member Participation.
10. Maintains safe work habits & a positive safety attitude.
11. Demonstrates quality workmanship in all functions.
12. Performs work as apparent or assigned.
13. Maintains cooperative attitude to all.
14. Maintains good attendance & reports to work on time.
15. Maintains an active and interested performance level.
In all areas described above, the individual should project a positive image, show a high level of responsibility, cooperate and communicate well with management staff, promote safety and the future growth of the company.