Plumbers Pipefitters UA Local Union 776 is currently hiring individuals for their HVACR apprenticeship.
- We offer a 5-year apprenticeship training program at no cost.
- This is an earn while you learn format working during the day receiving an hourly wage then attending evening classes 2 nights/week September thru April.
- Subjects covered in the training are basic and advanced air conditioning, refrigeration, electrical troubleshooting, chilled water and hot water systems, steam systems, boilers, chillers, pumps and burner controls from residential to industrial power burners and building automation.
- We offer a number of certifications which include HVACR STAR Mastery, EPA, backflow, arc flash and OSHA.
- We are accredited thru Owens Community College, so students earn college credits while attending classes at no cost and no student loans.
- We service HVACR equipment in the residential, commercial, and industrial market which includes strip malls, supermarkets, factories and hospitals.
- Start out wage (including benefits) for a first-year apprentice is $26.28/hour
- Wages for a service technician are $42.67
- Wages for a service journeyman are $53.48
- Benefit package consists of a premium Health Care plan which includes dental and vision, a pension and an annuity plan, also included is paid vacation and holidays.
Documentation Required When Applying:
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Present a High School diploma or GED
- Present High School transcript
- Present birth certificate or proof of age
- Present military transfer or discharge form DD-214 (if applicable)
- Appear for testing/interview when notified
To Apply: Email your resume to Josh.Luke@jfs.ohio.gov with “HVACR Apprentice” in the subject line.