The Digital Commerce and Innovation team is hiring a Principal UI Engineer to come in and lead the development of their eCommerce experience platform. This will be the lead role for a team of 20+ engineers in the execution of a multi-Billion Dollar eCommerce platform and is at the heart of Tech Data next generation strategy. We're seeking a hands on builder who can come in and execute our eCommerce vision using a combination of React and Adobe Technologies to build experiences for our vendor and partner network. Candidates should have strong knowledge of the overall software delivery lifecycle in addition to being a solid front end engineer. They should have experience in an Agile environment, including standups, release and sprint planning, reviews, demos and retrospectives. Candidates should also have experience with unit, integration, and regression testing. They will also have experience ensuring products adhere to architecture standards, risk management standards, and security policies. This role is an individual contributor but will have primary responsibility for leading a team and building our eCommerce experiences.
Team lead for a 20+ person engineering team that consists of UI, Content (Adobe AEM) and back end engineers
*Build applications both leveraging AEM and AEM headless that consume REST services
*Analyze existing software for Usability and Accessibility issues and provide recommendations for improvement
*Work with a diverse team of product owners, UX designers, and developers in a fast paced environment, with quick iterative cycle
*Keep up to date with the latest trends in web engineering and introduce them into projects when appropriate
*Participation in Test Driven Development
*Participate in Continuous Integration or Continuous Delivery pipeline
*Ensure the product adheres to architecture standards, risk management standards, and security policies.
* This role would define standards for software engineering and set the guidelines for teams to follow. They will also ensure teams under their direct leadership adhere to those standards, and all integration issues are identified and addressed, as well as version control of deliverables
* Defines architectural and software guidelines and standards for application development in addition to ensuring business applications are developed in a way that complies with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices.
* Develops business relationships and integrates activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support project efforts.
* Leads others in the creation of detailed design documents, translating requirements into an appropriate system design and version control of deliverables.
* Formulates and defines application scope and objectives; devises and modifies procedures to solve business problems
* Monitors and reports on the status of project efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions
* Leads medium to large projects or regularly coaches other project personnel to ensure business application systems are developed in a way that complies with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices.
* Influences direction of projects and initiatives to comply with overall corporate strategy and objectives
* Performs technical interviews and defines the interview standards for hiring software engineers
* Works under limited supervision of management staff seeking guidance on major exceptions to existing guidelines
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* 15+ Years of relevant work experience.
* Master's / Postgraduate Degree with Computer Science / MIS Field of Study preferred.
* Bachelor's Degree with Computer Science / MIS field of study required.
* Other Education / Certifications: Technical certificates in programming languages and IT disciplines such as advanced database admin, network infrastructure, security, analytics or cloud platforms.
* Able to execute instructions and to request clarification when needed.
* Possesses basic clerical and data entry skills.
* Possesses strong data entry skills.
* Able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
* Able to recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency.
* Able to communicate clearly and convey necessary information.
* Able to converse and write effectively in English and Spanish.
* Able to create and conduct formal presentations.
* Able to interact effectively with all levels of management.
* Able to negotiate skillfully, promote/sell ideas persuasively, and close transactions with mutually beneficial results.
* Possesses strong multi-cultural interpersonal skills.
* Possesses strong leadership skills with a willingness to lead, create new ideas, and be assertive.
* Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
* Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
* Able to maintain and promote social, ethical, and organizational standards in conducting internal and external business activities.
* Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
* Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
* Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
* Able to exhibit ability to be sensitive to the needs, concerns, and feelings of others.
* Able to quickly learn new systems and technology.
* Able to use relevant computer system applications at an advanced level.
Cultural Competency Requirements:
Within Tech Data diversity is one of our fundamental shared values. We are a multi-cultural environment and we pride ourselves on being a welcoming place of work where we celebrate inclusion and champion people from a multitude of backgrounds.
Join our team to connect the world with the power of technology!
Tech Data is an equal opportunity organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Applications will be considered without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or other factors not related to specific position qualifications.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our employment website as a result of your disability. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Tech Data Human Resources at +1 (800) 237 8931*.
*Due to the volume of applications we receive, applicant inquiries to this phone number which are unrelated to a request for accommodation due to a disability will not receive a response.