Here, we believe there's not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there's a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We'll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
The Release Management (RM) Specialist is responsible for scheduling and delivering software releases through the different environments, ensuring a quality product for the end user. The candidate will be responsible for planning, coordination and implementing our software releases, patches, and emergency change requests. This role will work closely with multiple development and operations teams.
The Specialist will be utilizing project management skills and release management experience. The role will interact with project management, development, quality assurance, and delivery teams plus work closely with the DevOps team.
This is an individual contributor position.
Strategy & Planning
* Assist in implementing strategies that support Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
* Assist in identify third-party tools and technologies that will assist in the management of releases.
* Utilize a continuous improvement approach to release management.
* Implement the appropriate strategies for controlling and migrating changes through the environments, ensuring there are repeatable processes with sound change management.
* Help define and manage release readiness and success criteria based on business requirements.
* Support a standard migration (deployment) process, including how to handle rollbacks and hotfixes across multiple platforms.
* Understand and make recommendations to improve reliability and sustainability of regular configuration and deployment activities.
Acquisition & Deployment
* Assist in bridging development and support staff when it comes to new releases.
* Assist with merging duties to ensure code is correctly moving through the environments.
* Prioritize work to enable fast response times.
* Provide input for scalability of solutions.
* Work closely with delivery teams to educate them on the release process as well as enabling them to reach their goals.
* Mitigate risks associated with deployments through the environments. Develop contingency plans in the event of failed deployments.
* Identify migration tasks that must be completed and their associated timeline.
* Define and manage release schedules and milestones.
* Manage change control processes for a release.
* Proactively identify and mitigate risks and remove obstacles to release.
* Assist in the completion of root cause analysis to ensure issues do not recur.
* Communicate plans and status, and escalate issues as required.
* Coordinate product releases, ensuring cross-team communication and requirements are met in the process.
* Perform high level Release Validation to ensure the changes were delivered successfully.
* Communicate changes via Release Notes.
* Perform environment refreshes while ensuring they are done appropriately.
* Maintain a central calendar to communicate release and change management activities
* Work with development staff to troubleshoot environment issues.
* Track and coordinate defect resolution across the life of an issue.
* Maintain a website asset list across multiple teams
* Maintain release process documentation and templates
* Capture data and build metrics reports to communicate quality of releases and to help drive the continuous improvement of the release process over time.
* Attend Change Control meetings to determine impact from both internal and external systems.
* Work in a hybrid waterfall / agile development environment.
* Perform Incident Management duties, as needed
* Assist in research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
* Perform task management and reporting as necessary.
* Provide tier 2, on-call support for critical deployment problems and issues.
* Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
* Minimal travel, up to 5% may be required.
* Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday as required.
Formal Education & Certification
* Bachelor degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
* 2+ years IT experience.
* 2+ years of experience that covers working across the Software Development Lifecycle (i.e. experience with development and operations, and/or existing Release Management role) with multiple teams
* 1+ years experience hands-on experience with release management.
* A proven track record with release management tools and concepts
* Experience using agile project management tools (such as Rally or JIRA).
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
* Experience with Agile and Waterfall development and release practices.
* Experience with source code management tools.
* Good written and oral communications skills.
* Ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
* Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Motivated and competent to contribute time and effort to work assigned.
* Participate in meetings and follow up with resulting action items as needed.
* Good analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
* Ability to learn new tools and technologies.
* Ability to organize, prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment as requested.
* Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
Temporary work from home protocalls may be in effect for this position due to COVID-19, but this is not a remote position and any selected candidate must live within a reasonable commuting distance.
Candidate must be eligible to work in the country for which they are applying for employment, without now or in the future needing sponsorship for employment work visa and/or permanent residence status.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-CLEVELAND
Work Locations: USA OH Cleveland Prospect Ave Headquarters
101 West Prospect Ave
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Inclusion and Diversity Supportive Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.