Here, we believe there's not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there's a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We'll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
The IT Business Analyst III works as a liaison among stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies, and information systems. Understands business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals. Interprets and transforms information based on business requirements and provides the data for delivery. Conducts detailed research of vendor products and assists with general project management. This is a mid-level position.
Strategy and Planning
* Gather, analyze, and document business and functional requirements from clients and business users.
* Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management.
* Seek opportunities continuously to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
* Identify client organization's strengths and weaknesses and suggest areas of improvement to address and resolve business issues.
* Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
Acquisition and Deployment
* Analyze, document, and improve workflows, processes, and standards.
* Gather and provide technical guidance concerning business implications of application development projects.
* Understand business process management and business requirements of the customers and translating them to specific software requirements.
* Communicate effectively with internal teams and external clients to deliver functional requirements including GUI, screen, and interface designs.
* Act as an interface between business units, technology teams and support teams.
* Manage client expectations effectively.
* Work with Quality Assurance to build and validate test cases against all requirements.
* Analyze application defects to determine if they fall within scope of project requirements.
* Participate in post-project analysis to reflect upon successes, failures, and lessons learned.
* Provide training and documentation for supported applications.
* Utilize existing systems to track and manage requests and issues.
* Build application expertise through assignment on projects and enhancement requests.
* Prepare and lead presentations as requested.
* Research or prototype new tools and/or technologies.
* Assist with other projects as necessary to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the teamwork.
* Lead internal teams/task forces on initiatives as assigned.
* Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
* Minimal travel, up to 5% may be required.
* Work outside the standard office 7.5-hour workday may be required.
Formal Education & Certification
* Bachelor degree in IT, Business or related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
* 2+ years of IT and/or Business experience.
* 2+ years of IT Business Analyst experience
* 2+ years working with internal clients and/or external agencies/partners.
* 2+ years of experience with enterprise OMS and enterprise CMS platforms, such as Adobe Experience Manager, preferred.
* Strong technical knowledge coupled with business intelligence and ability to understand customer's needs.
* Well versed in Microsoft Office applications.
* Understanding of various essential business functions of an organization.
* Ability to facilitate process mapping activities with small to medium size groups and working knowledge of mapping techniques.
* Understanding of Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures.
* Familiarity with how legacy and web-based system interface with each other.
* Good written and oral communications skills.
* Ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
* Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Motivated and competent to contribute time and effort to work assigned.
* Participate in meetings and follow up with resulting action items as needed.
* Good analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
* Ability to learn new tools and technologies.
* Ability to organize, prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment as requested.
* Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
Temporary work from home protocalls may be in effect for this position due to COVID-19, but this is not a remote position and any selected candidate must live within a reasonable commuting distance.
Candidate must be eligible to work in the country for which they are applying for employment, without now or in the future needing sponsorship for employment work visa and/or permanent residence status.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-CLEVELAND
Work Locations: USA OH Cleveland Prospect Ave Headquarters
101 West Prospect Ave
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Inclusion and Diversity Supportive Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.