OhioMeansJobs Lake County is currently accepting resumes for the following position:
Extrusion Winder Operator
Position ID Number: 38131986
The Extrusion Winder Operator works under the supervision of the Foreman. Responsible for setup and maintaining one to four production lines. Provides assistance and direction to machine operators. Monitors and records correlation of strapping produced to product specifications. Troubleshoots production problems and communicates problems to Foreman. Performs minor maintenance on entire machine and related equipment. Performs housekeeping duties and other tasks as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Uses product specifications to set up equipment to manufacture product.
- Change screen packs in extruders as needed.
- Monitors temperatures in extruders and ovens and adjusts as necessary.
- Observes and maintains conditions of equipment, communicates problems and writes work orders when necessary.
- Makes sure that proper raw materials and additives are being used according to product specifications.
- Ensures that all safety guards are in place and working properly.
- Responsible for troubleshooting production problems and taking corrective action.
- Cleans and maintains equipment when applicable.
- Makes minor repairs as necessary such as clearing and draining water lines, checking and changing filters, clearing or changing winder arms, assisting with other maintenance.
Qualifications and Experience
Please contact Renee DeGennaro-Baur (440)350-4323 or Renee.DeGennaroBair@jfs.ohio.gov for immediate consideration.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Good Mechanical aptitude
- Attention to detail.
- Successfully uses all tools, proper stamps, package product accordingly and other equipment.
- Good manual dexterity and agility
- Physically lift 60 lbs. to a six-foot height