UES has an opportunity available for a Research Engineer to join our team working with the 711th Human Performance Wing at Wright Patterson Air Force Base. The Research Engineer will employ computational fluid dynamics (CFD) to investigate and quantify occupational exposures to airmen in military-specific environments. A successful candidate will have a strong CFD background coupled with excellent time-management skills and interest in exposure sciences. Functions for this role will include the following:
- Brainstorm solutions to novel military-specific occupational exposure challenges.
- Generate and manipulate water-tight computer aided design files of internal and external geometry.
- Create, mesh, run, and post process CFD models spanning a plethora of physics.
- Thoroughly analyze results to provide guidance to cross-functional teams and relevant organizations.
- Generate technical reports upon project completion.
- Support collaborations with internal and external partners.
- M.S. or higher in Engineering or a related discipline with relevant experience is required
- 3 to 5 years of relevant industry experience
- Experience generating numerical simulations to analyze real-world fluid flows
- Proficiency in generating computational meshes
- This position will require strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment
- This position is working within a government facility and requires U.S. Citizenship
- Understanding of military aircraft
- Experience using STAR-CCM+ on multiple high-performance computing environments
- Experience simulating multi-component gas and aerosol dispersion
UES, Inc. is an innovative science and technology company providing customers with superior research and development expertise since its inception in 1973. Our long-term success is a direct result of a strong commitment to the success of our employees. We look forward to reviewing your application.
UES, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.