MARION FAMILY YMCA NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
Marion Family YMCA
Position Overview: Under the direction of the Director of Relationships and in accordance with the
Strategic Road map of the Marion Family YMCA, child watch staff is responsible for providing quality care
in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment for children that utilize the Y Child Watch program. Staff
must role model the Y values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility and work daily to develop
personal and meaningful relationships with members, staff, and guests, while nurturing the potential of
the children who utilize the service. Staff must role model the Y values of caring, honesty, respect and
responsibility and work daily to develop personal and meaningful relationships with members, staff, and
guests. maintaining a healthy & safe environment, and helping to build strong connections to the Y.
Position Requirements: Position requires a compassionate person with good judgment and nurturing
personality. Prefer individuals with child care or babysitting experience. Other requirements include
having or obtaining within 90 days of hire and keeping current certifications in First Aid and CPR with
AED; and must be at least 18 years of age.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Incumbent must be able to move freely and quickly throughout the Child
Watch and Kids Gym areas and communicate effectively with people. While performing the duties of this
job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, hear, bend, reach and lift up to 25 pounds.
Salary Range: $8.80
1. Build meaningful relationships with members and participants; help members connect with one
another and to the Y.
2. Maintain a clean & sanitary environment by following all department & association protocols for
health, cleaning & sanitizing; and proactively cleaning & sanitizing any area of the building as needed.
3. Work daily to nurture the potential of youth and teens; help people improve their well-being; and
provide opportunities for people to give back and support their neighbors.
4. Supervise activities in Child Watch.
5. Interact with the children in an energizing, fun, and safe manner.
6. Greet and welcome parents / guardians; interact with parents/guardians both as they drop off and
pick up their children.
7. Follow proper procedure in assigning & collecting security passes to parents; sign in and sign out
practices; maintain accurate attendance records; compassionately enforce all rules and standards;
and know / follow all emergency procedures.
8. Ensure that all equipment is in good repair.
9. Conduct self in a professional, friendly, helpful, courteous and diplomatic manner.
10. Maintain an open line of communication with parents, member services staff and supervisor.
11. Follow and complete checklist at end of shift (pick up and clean toys, etc)
12. Attend all required in-service trainings and staff meetings.
13. The incumbent must be able to fulfill the above job requirements by purposefully and seamlessly
challenging her/himself and others to accept and demonstrate the positive values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.