Brand new Independent Living Community!
Division: Senior Living
Reports to: Designated manager at the facility
Revision date: March 2019, June 2021
According to prescribed policies and procedures of the organization including all applicable state, federal and accreditation regulations, the Receptionist assumes responsibility for providing a secure and welcoming environment for all visitors, residents, and staff, and performs routine clerical work.
* Greet residents, visitors and staff and helps with their needs in a professional and compassionate manner.
* Maintains work area to ensure a welcoming environment that is clean and sanitary. Restocks supplies, refreshments, point of sale items, collateral, etc.
* Answers phones according to facility policy, takes and relays messages for managers and staff..
* Provides direction to residents, visitors, and staff making connections with the correct responsible party as needed.
* Accurately assists facility with clerical tasks as assigned, i.e. computer data entry, sorting, filing, copying, processing incoming and outgoing mail, etc.
* Accurately processes work orders/IDT's and ensuring they are given to correct department.
* Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, provides leadership as a role model to promote a team approach, collaborates and participates in policy creation and appropriate problem solving methods.
* Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the National Church Residences' Employee Information Guide (EIG), the Code of Conduct, as well as any facility handbook, including but not limited to, corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
* With respect to Resident Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for the residents/clients, their families and the staff. Reports all complaints made by residents/clients and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/resident property and/or any other corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state and local regulations and laws.
* Completes all annual education requirements timely, including but not limited to Compliance, Privacy, Security and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the Code of Conduct in the performance of their duties.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATION SHEET-RECEPTIONIST
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: One year of general office work required with a focus on customer service.
Mental: Must have good communication, comprehension, computer and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to speak, read, write, and understand English.
Licensure: None required.
Vision: Normal: Consistent with standard workflow.
With respect to said job description, estimate the daily time spent performing the following activities.
Rare ( R) = 0-24%; Sometimes ( S) = 25-49%; Frequent ( F) = 50-74%; Continuous ( C) = 75% plus
R = Climbing R = Stooping Lifting / Carrying; S = 10-25 lbs.
S = Standing R = Pushing R = 26-50 lbs.
F = Sitting R = Pulling R = 51-75 lbs.
S = Walking R = Driving ` R = 76 plus lbs.
Consequences of Errors: Some monetary responsibility.
Supervision Received: General supervision: Employee generally operates by himself/herself checking with supervisor when in doubt.
Working Conditions: Good conditions with some exposure to conditions such as odors, illness, infection, and physical contact with residents/clients.
I hereby understand and agree to the above description of the duties required.
Learn more about our organization in the video below.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.