Qualifications- Must be a current STNA and have a current Medication Aide certificate or be willing to obtain certification.
- The Medication Aide will prepare and administer medications to elders as ordered
- Document medications and vital signs under the supervision of the nurse
- Observe and report any abnormal symptoms or conditions to the nurse
- Assist in teaching elders good health habits
- Assist with direct care to the elders as needed
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with others
- Experience in long term care is a plus.