Company: Bob Ross Auto Group
Position Summary: Sells new or used automobiles, trucks, and vans on premises of vehicle sales establishment by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greets customer on sales floor and determines make, type, and quality of vehicle desired.
- Explains features and demonstrates operation of vehicle in showroom or on road.
- Suggests optional equipment for customer to purchase.
- Researches availability of models and optional equipment.
- Consults with Sales Manager when necessary; never allowing a customer to leave without first consulting with a Sales Manager.
- Works with the Sales Manager to compute and quote sales price, including tax, trade-in allowance, license fee, and discount, and requirements for financing payment of vehicle on credit.
- Prepares all related paperwork and applications (e.g., sales slip, credit application, etc.).
- Delivers new vehicle to customer. This process ensures that the customer understands the vehicle's operating features, warranty and paperwork, and it lays the foundation for customer loyalty.
- Maintains a prospect development system.
- Remains knowledgeable of new products, features, accessories, etc.
- Attends sales meetings and training sessions (at various locations) as scheduled.
- Adheres to Company policies and procedures.
- Meets, or exceeds, written forecast and projected sales numbers.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.