OhioMeansJobs|Cleveland-Cuyahoga County is currently recruiting Production Technician I candidates for a local Manufacturer.
Offering opportunity to learn and be trained in developing skills in all phases of fabrication. As training and experience progresses, employee has opportunity to advance (provided he/she has made adequate progress in all appropriate phases of training as determined by the Company through the training programs) to higher Classification levels.
Shift: 6:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Location: LaGrange Manufacturing Plant
Education: High school graduate or GED.
3-6 months of related experience preferred, not required
Must be able to use basic hand and small power tools.
Read work instructions and Tape measure
- Material handling equipment and receiving, paperwork & data entry, handling raw materials, processing raw materials.
- Working with laminators and fabricators to learn processes and develop skills.
- Working with hand tools, resins and fiberglass mat, cutting/trimming FRP components, assembling fans, components or systems.
- Maintaining a clean and organized work station and personal tool box.
- Understanding of and adherence to Company Plant Rules, Policies, Procedures, Work Instructions.
- Accepting and demonstrating understanding of instructions.
- Performing other duties and tasks as assigned
- Attention to Detail: achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task
- Communication: demonstrates effective workplace communication
Regularly required to stand for long periods of time, use hands and fingers-handle and feel objects, talk and hear, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, & crouch.
Ability to use both hands in fine, gross manipulation of tools, cutting blades & markers.
Ability to see well enough to read handwritten and typewritten material.
Required to lift and carry up to 50 pounds without restrictions, ability to reach, turn, and twist above/below waist
Ability to work in manufacturing environment
- Safety Awareness: recognizes conditions and circumstances that affecting safety, personal protective equipment when required. Maintain company-provided tools in good working condition.
- Quality Orientation: monitors and checks work to meet quality standards, demonstrates a high level of care and thoroughness, checks work to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Teamwork: participates as an active and contributing member of a team to achieve team goals. Works cooperatively with other team members, involves others, shares information as appropriate, and shares credit for team accomplishments.
OMJCC 8211-10774 Recruiter Deb Madey-Grivna 216-777-8209 Debra.Madey-Grivna@ulagency.org