We are American Greetings.
We are friendly hellos and great big smiles. We work hard and know how to have fun.
Our innovative and creative work is a reflection of each of us and the culture and values we share.
We are excited that you want to join us in helping make the world a more thoughtful and creative place.
Every. Single. Day
Our commitment to diversity is based on this basic belief that many points of view come together to make a stronger and more creative organization. It makes our products more authentic, and it makes American Greetings an even more exciting place to work.
* Diverse and inclusive culture with employee resources groups
* 13 paid holidays
* Flexible Schedules (Department Based)
* 401k- dollar-per-dollar match up to 6%
* Tuition assistance
* Wellness program
* AG Workperks Discount Program
* All Hands Meetings
* Employee Assistance Program
* Medical, dental, vision
The Tax Director is responsible for all areas of federal, state and local, and international taxes for American Greetings Corporation and its subsidiaries. These responsibilities include the development, evaluation and implementation of policies and procedures that encompass income and non-income compliance, tax controversy, income tax accounting, tax forecasting, and global tax planning. The Tax Director initiates process improvements, drives efficiencies and identifies/implements tax savings strategies. The Tax Director is responsible for the activities of eight tax professionals. The department's focus is on compliance and provision work (tax returns, ASC 740, etc.) as well as tax planning and tax savings.
Responsibilities of the position include:
* Direct Federal, State and local income tax compliance;
* Direct the quarterly global tax provision and related GAPP disclosures;
* Manage the company's Transfer Pricing Policies and assure compliance with BEPS;
* Build eminence with business operations, auditors and other functions within Company;
* Manage U.S. and Canadian federal income tax audits;
* Oversight for non-US income tax audits
* Oversight for State and local income and non-income tax audits;
* Maintain and continuously update internal controls for tax function;
* Assure global tax accounts are timely reconciled;
* Prepare budget projections for global income tax accounts Train and develop staff and cultivate a continuous process improvement culture;
* Direct tax planning and analyze opportunities for tax savings working closely with Chief Accounting Officer and Chief Financial Officer
* Analyze tax law changes and assess impact to Company;
* Responsible for Tax software applications;
* Complete other projects as required.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. We desire to place a priority on referrals of protected veterans. EOE M/F/disability/vet VEVRAA Federal Contractor