When was the last time you experienced the impact of your work? Our K-12 team thrives on building meaningful relationships with educators and learners. With that comes the unique opportunity to touch lives across the world and experience first-hand the difference your hard work makes.
McGraw Hill, the leading provider of digital and print educational materials is looking for a Senior Marketing Manager for our English & Language Arts product portfolio within our K-12 division. This marketing leader will be responsible for leading the strategy, planning, and execution of high-impact marketing initiatives that include market research, customer segmentation, market assessment, competitive positioning, pricing, as well as informing product development across product lines. This position can be filled remotely.
As part of the Marketing team, the Senior Marketing Manager will leverage market research and voice of customer data to develop targeted segments, create compelling pricing strategies, and define undeniable positioning in the market and against competition to develop highly targeted, effective go-to-market and annual marketing strategies. The Senior Marketing Manager does so as the owner of in-market product strategy who is responsible for maximizing revenue, maintaining margin, ensuring consistent product use, and maintaining high levels of product satisfaction of each owned product across all phases of the life cycle.
What can you expect from the position?
* Bring insightful questions that challenge the status quo as you assist the product team with the development of revenue targets, accurate forecasting, profitability, and pricing.
* Collaborate within Marketing, Sales, and Product Development to bring the voice of the customer to everything you do.
* Define target audience and persona to inform in-campaign strategy.
* Drive pricing and promotional tactics and strategies to achieve business objectives and optimize product profitability in collaboration with Product Development.
* Review and translate insightful, comprehensive market research to understand the needs of the market and integrate them into our marketing strategies.
* Develop value proposition and messaging that speaks to customer needs and the product positioning.
* Manage creative production for content, promotional, and thought leadership assets, including print and online collateral, internal training materials and presentations, customer-facing product and market presentations, and sales enablement materials.
* Maintain an understanding of the competitive landscape and provide competitive differentiation through sales support and the development of marketing strategies.
We're looking for someone with:
* Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, or Communications required.
* 5+ years experience in Marketing Communication, Product Marketing, or related marketing or sales functions required- K-12 educational publishing industry preferred.
* Must have experience with successful product launches.
* Led segmentation, positioning, pricing, campaigning, and new product development practices.
* Confidence and willingness to take risks and make smart decision based on data.
* Strong ability to influence at all levels within the organization.
* Experience working with Sales leadership to identify improvements in Marketing and sales support strategy.
* Desire to learn, ask questions and challenge conventional thinking.
As an education innovation company, we're proud to play our part by inspiring learners around the world. If you bring your curiosity, we'll help you grow in a collaborative environment where everyone shares a passion for success.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Apply for a career at McGraw Hill and together, we'll impact the world.
McGraw Hill is an equal opportunity employer. McGraw Hill is committed to celebrating and supporting the differences that make us each unique and will not discriminate based on a person's gender, gender identity or expression, nationality, color, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, disability, appearance or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and we will also provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.