To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" seven years in a row and #1 on the FORTUNE '100 Best Companies to Work For' List. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
About the Salesforce Marketing Cloud
The Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a leading global provider of cross-channel digital marketing solutions that empower organizations of all sizes to communicate with their customers through email, mobile, social media, Web and marketing automation. We're driven by a deep understanding of marketers' needs-because we're marketers too. No other digital marketing company invests in product innovation the way we do, giving our clients access to truly cutting-edge technology. Joining forces with salesforce.com, pioneers in cloud computing, we offer an even more superior experience to our customers and employees.
Job Title: Sr. Account Executive, Marketing Cloud - Energy, Utilities and Chemicals - Enterprise
We work hard. We work fast. Expectations are high. The rewards are great. Come be a part of something special and join The Ohana at Salesforce!
The Marketing Cloud Sr. Account Executive creates, identifies and closes sales for Marketing Cloud products for a set of named Enterprise accounts in the Energy, Utilities and Chemicals verticals within the US. As the individual who represents Marketing Cloud and drives the revenue, this person must be a self-starting closer who can create a large pipeline of business within a short period of time and work with existing clients, as well as, new logo opportunities.
This is a senior-level team that expects all the team members to produce and carry their load. You will be an important member on a team of dedicated Account Executives that continually over-achieve. We will train you and put you through an in-depth on-boarding program that will prepare you for success. You will have an extended team at-the-ready to support you - business development, technical pre-sales, product specific experts, partner executives, industry strategists. You should be familiar with, and comfortable in a matrixed-environment, understanding how to work with other sales teams within Salesforce when pursuing opportunities.
We look for strategic, consultative, business athletes who are aggressive team players - hungry, nimble, intelligent and driven - with the ability and willingness to close a mix of complex enterprise deals.
We want A+ players. We want consultative AEs that understand marketing and what marketing executives are facing with the current challenges of a Pandemic. We want AEs that understand how to tell a story and highlight the value of Marketing Cloud - not just the features and functions. We want AEs that can have value-add conversations at the CMO level.
* Create Pipeline. You must build and keep a pipeline of opportunities equal to or exceeding 3X your quarterly quota. We are maniacal about pipeline generation.
* Drive Sales Cycle. Must be able to consult with clients, show them the value of Marketing Cloud products and move the client through the sales process to successful close.
* Become a Value-Add Partner. We sell successfully when viewed by our clients as a partner, not a vendor. You should be comfortable playing that role and work to become indispensable in their marketing discussions and strategies.
* Be The Customer's Advocate. Customer success is paramount and you will lead efforts to ensure your customers are happy.
* Meet Quarterly Targets. Meet and exceed all quarterly and annual sales quotas.
* Own Your Dirt. You have a set of accounts and you are expected to be active in all of them.
* Be Strategic. Develop strategic territory business plans for your top target accounts.
* Forecast Like a Pro. Forecasting accuracy is a must.
* Communicate. Have the ability to communicate and articulate the status or your deals; the risks, the obstacles, the compelling event, the customer's buying process, the competition, our differentiation. Know your business.
* Pay Attention To The Details. Responsible for ensuring any account activity is noted and captured within the Salesforce CRM
* Understand What's In Your Bag. Become knowledgeable with the Marketing Cloud suite of products and how to differentiate and pitch to clients.
* Sense of Urgency. We work to close business every month - not just the last day of a quarter.
We are looking for the following attributes:
* A proven sales hunter and closer.
* 10+ years of outside enterprise software sales experience
* Strong preference for Digital Marketing sales experience
* Proven track record of sales excellence
* Knowledge of Energy, Utilities and Chemicals markets preferred
* Be able to work independently & as part of a team in a fast pace, rapid change environment
* Superior professional presence and business acumen
* Experience selling at the "C" level - CMO is a plus
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
and are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. and do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. and will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.