Title: Environmental Services Tech Job Codes: 02202OH; 02202XX (Florida)
Division: Senior Living
Status: Non-Exempt Reports to: Director of Environmental Services/Maintenance Revision date: March 2019 Supervises: n/a
PURPOSE According to the prescribed policies and procedures of the organization including all applicable federal, state, local and accreditation regulations and under the general supervision of the Director of Environmental Services/Maintenance is responsible for performing general laundry assignments, cleaning and maintaining the appearance of assigned common areas.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS * Responsible for performing all duties assigned by the supervisor in a timely manner while adhering to all safety precautions and OSHA regulations.
* Duties to perform include but are not limited to: empting trash, dusting, and vacuuming thoroughly all common areas; cleans and deodorizes bathrooms, replaces toilet paper and paper towels; polishes/cleans furniture, fixtures, and window ledges; mops floor areas.
* Cleans office equipment, performs general clean-up in social areas and common areas. such as hallways, break rooms, conference rooms
* Assures clean laundry for the facility. Processes all soiled linens to wash and dry. Folds and distributes clean linen. Delivers all linens on a timely basis.
* Keeps washers and dryers clean and free of lint. Keeps the laundry area and the linen closets clean and orderly at all times. Monitors laundry supplies.
* Hangs personal laundry on carts and delivers to each wing (delivers to residents closets, where applicable). Assures clean laundry for the facility. Processes all soiled linens to wash and dry. Folds and distributes clean linen. Delivers all linens on a timely basis.
* Assists Director with cleaning related to move out/move in schedules.
EXPECTATIONS * Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, provides leadership as a role model to promote a team approach, collaborates and participates in policy creation and appropriate problem solving methods.
* Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the National Church Residences' Employee Information Guide (EIG), the Code of Conduct, as well as any facility handbook, including but not limited to, corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
* With respect to Resident Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for the residents/clients, their families and the staff. Reports all complaints made by residents/clients and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/resident property and/or any other
corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state and local regulations and laws.
* Completes all annual education requirements timely, including but not limited to Compliance, Privacy, Security and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the Code of Conduct in the performance of their duties.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATION SHEET- Environmental Services Tech
Education: Must have the ability to perform needed functions. Completion of high school coursework. or general education requirement certificate.
Experience: Some preferred to one year.
Mental: Must have the ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
Vision: Normal: Consistent with standard workflow.
With respect to said job description, estimate the daily time spent performing the following activities.
Rare (R) = 0-24%; Sometimes (S) = 25-49%; Frequent (F) = 50-74%; Continuous (C) = 75% plus
S = Climbing F = Stooping Lifting/Carrying: C = 10-25 lbs. S = Standing F = Pushing S = 26-50 lbs. R = Sitting F = Pulling S = 51-75 lbs. F = Walking R = Driving R = 76 plus lbs.
Consequences of Errors: Limited or no monetary responsibility. Supervision Received: General supervision: Employee generally operates by himself/herself checking with supervisor when in doubt.
Working Conditions: Somewhat disagreeable; elements such as noise, dust, heat and oil exist but not to the extent of being continuously disagreeable.
I hereby understand and agree to the above description of the duties required.
Learn more about our organization in the video below.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.