Portland,Oregon (US-OR)United States (US)
Nexeo Plastics is a leading global thermoplastic resins distributor, representing quality products from world-class suppliers, and serving a diverse customer base across North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
From material selection to supply chain and inventory solutions, we go beyond traditional logistics to provide value-added services across many industries, including automotive, healthcare, packaging, wire and cable, 3D printing and more.
Our people, our passion, our global reach, and our technology platform allow us to create unique ways to reduce complexity in your business, identify efficiencies, and unlock value for suppliers and customers.
Nexeo Plastics facilities are ISO 9001 certified. We diligently observe a commitment to quality in all of our practices and adhere to a defined quality policy.
The Sales Account Manager at Nexeo Plastics is responsible for delivering profitable growth in the territory by providing solutions to current and prospective customers. The role is accountable for achieving volume, revenue, and margin growth targets within a defined territory by growing Nexeo share within existing customers through the sale of product and service offerings, and by acquiring new customers by providing consultative solutions.
This role will report to the Director of Sales - West Region.The role is expected to provide a mix of strategic and tactical solutions in a business-to-business selling environment. The role focuses on acquiring, penetrating, managing and retaining customers. Being sales and performance driven with dedication to achieving team goals will be critical to success of our overall business. The role is accountable for successfully growing the sales and profits for one of the Plastics businesses territories.
* Territory Planning: Understands territory situation, current accounts, prospects, competitors, and suppliers
* Account Planning & Customer Knowledge: Understands customer objectives, needs, and profitability drivers
* Ownership & Performance Focus: Takes responsibility for and ownership of territory
* Coordination & Leadership: Develops relationships within Nexeo and within customer organization
* Market Knowledge: Keeps up-to-date and informed on market, industry, and regulatory issues
* Technical Knowledge: Identifies technical needs of customers. Ability to communicate and build customer technical relationships to drive growth
* Value Proposition: Understands and sells entire value offering from Nexeo
* Communication: Presents to customers with awareness of customer context
* Negotiations & Solution Agreement: Has sound judgment and problems solving skills to create win-win solutions
* Implementation Management: Reacts to additional customer demands and needs
* Sales Administration: Has command of MS Office and CRM
* Pipeline and Quotation Management: Manages pipeline proactively, recognizing customers' stage in the decision cycle
Bachelor of Science degree preferred
3-5 years of plastics distribution sales or related industry experience is preferred
Highly adept at prospecting and customer acquisition
Proficient computer skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are required
CRM or Salesforce.com experience
15% overnight travel
Nexeo Plastics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Additionally, Nexeo Plastics participates in the E-Verify program to ensure employment eligibility of newly hired employees where required.
Nearest Major Market: Portland Oregon