Working under direct supervision of the Supervisor of Configuration or Refurbishment, selecting from a variety of established procedures to accomplish assigned duties and responsibilities, the Technical Services Intern is an entry level technician role designed for High School students interested in gaining first-hand insight into the day-to-day processes and support functions related to the Technical Integration and Distribution Center configuration services operations. The Intern is provided with educational/learn-by-doing opportunities to work in different areas of the configuration and refurbishment labs and discover areas of interest and growth within the Technical Services team. Initially, the intern will be assisting with T-Mobile.
Experience and Education
Minimum years of career experience to qualify for role: 1 Year
Total years of career experience in order to be fully proficient: 3 Years
High School or equivalency, with an emphasis in electronics, information systems or commensurate job experience.
* CompTIA A+ to be optained within 6 months of hire date
Technical aptitude with ability to absorb and apply newly learned technical skills
* Adept in use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
* Strong knowledge of, and the ability to identify components and software used in computers.
* Some hands-on experience with repair or configuration of computer systems.
* Ability to read basic schematics and follow written instruction.
* Good communication, troubleshooting, and mechanical skills.
* Ability to work towards, and complete, the CompTIA A+ Certification.
* Adaptable with ability to switch tasks based on shifting priorities
* Articulate with ability to express oneself clearly and professionally in written and oral communication
* Interpersonal skills with ability to work well with all levels of the organization
* Detail oriented with item by item focus, meticulous attention to detail with ability to proofread for accuracy
* Good listening skills with ability to receive information completely and understand what is being said
Additional preferred competencies or preferred qualifications, if any:
* A strong work ethic for continued improvement and technical education/knowledge.
* An ability to deal with high pressure projects and deadlines.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled