A Route Driver is responsible for operation of a grease collection truck to collect cooking oil, a fat and bone collection truck for removal of raw material from customer locations, and a pump truck to collect waste cooking oil.Essential Duties/Responsibilities
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
* Pump or load grease containers; ensure cleanliness of container and surrounding area; returns container with screen and lock secured; notes any damages to container or corral area; properly completes route ticket with customer signature.
* Empties customers grease trap utilizing a company vehicle by pumping trap contents into vehicle. Ensures cleanliness of trap area; cleans all spilled grease if necessary.
* Collects and inspects raw material at time of pick up for any foreign or hazardous material at customer location (Local Runs).
* Required to maintain an Electronic DOT log.
* Provides customer with receipt of pick-up and obtains signature of management at location.
* Responsible for company vehicle; maintains vehicle in cleanest possible manner; operates vehicle in accordance with Company, federal, state and local regulations.
* Conducts all safety checks and inspections of vehicle; operates vehicle under state, federal, local regulations and in accordance with company policy and procedures; observes all company safety rules.
* Complete vehicle condition report on a daily basis; operates under all Company safety standards.
* Maintains excellent customer relations by providing quality, professional service at all times.
* Responsible for completing all company required paperwork in accordance with company policies (route tickets, driver vehicle inspection reports, accident reports, mileage reports, service forms, etc.) on a daily basis.
* Responsible for established route as assigned.
* Attendance at all safety meetings required; may be asked to serve on Safety Committee.
* All other duties as assigned by management.Minimum Qualifications
* Must be at least 21 years of age.
* High school diploma or GED.
* Must possess a valid Class A CDL.
* Must be registered on https://clearinghouse.fmcsa.dot.gov/ Preferred Qualifications
* 2 years of prior experience operating a commercial vehicle in route delivery setting preferred.
* Prior route experience within a customer oriented environment preferred.
* Experience with truck hydraulics a plus.
* Communicates clearly in verbal and written form.
* Highly organized; superior time management skills.
* Ability to maintain composure in difficult situations; adaptable to changing situations.
* Must have a good driving record.
* Ability to work well with internal staff and external customers.
* Ability to pass pre-employment physical and drug screen.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers.Physical Demands
* Constantly required to walk, stand, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crawl, and crouch.
* Frequently required to sit for extended periods.
* Regularly required reach with hands and arms.
* Occasionally push, pull, up to 100 lbs.
* Frequently must push, pull, move or lift up to 75 lbs. repeatedly.
* Ability to work weekends and/or Overtime as need.Work Environment
Job functions will be carried out in a commercial motor vehicle, customer locations, and plant environment.