Remote work available within Indiana, Michigan, Ohio or Illinois
Provide direction and management within the operations department; this includes providing leadership on key projects aimed at improving performance to achieve the strategic and tactical goals of the line of business, and ensuring effective controls are in place to conform with regulations and SOX controls. Direct the operations staff to ensure delivery of superior quality service and product to support the bank customers, both internal and external.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage staff, including interview, hire, train and mentor, evaluate performance and recommend salary adjustments.
2. Coordinate management responses to both internal and external audits and ensure processes are adjusted to address any audit findings.
3. Develop and track/report key performance indicators that characterize departmental quality and productivity and implement changes as necessary to address issues identified.
4. Conduct business process reviews in partnership with operations business partners to improve throughput and processing quality.
5. Ensure sound procedures and controls and compliance with all regulatory requirements as well as adherence to all documented SOX key controls.
6. Foster a relationship with other departments to encourage open communication and support of process improvement.
7. Assist in the development and monitoring of the department budget.
8. Coordinate and conduct vendor management reviews.
9. Create a customer-centric focus within operations designed to provide superior customer service to external and internal customers.
10. Coordinate the operations' activities around system implementations and testing of applicable system updates/releases.
Education - High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
Experience - Over five (5) years of banking experience and at least two (2) years of employee management.
Other - None
Banking experience in back-office operations.
Key words: Commercial Loan Operations, Participations, Syndications, Sponsor Finance, Public Funds, Capital Markets
High School (required)
Over five (5) years of banking experience. (required)
At least two (2) years experience managing others. (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
First Merchants Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participant (M/F/D/V).