Here, we believe there's not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there's a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We'll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
The Lead DevOps Engineer is responsible for design, configuration, implementation, and support of web solutions and headless commerce in a global containerized cloud environment including web servers, HCL application servers, search servers, AEM servers, agent servers, MQ servers, and other servers. Maintains current or near current levels of software, patches, features, and configurations for the IT systems using automation and Infrastructure-as-Code and other best practices. Focus on CI/CD processes leveraging Git. Provides documentation across the multiple environments and cross-trains team members on supported technologies.
Strategy & Planning
* Support management in the assessment and development of long-term strategic goals for E-Commerce technologies and related products in conjunction with business requirements.
* Support management in the assessment and development of long-term strategic goals for E-Commerce systems in conjunction with business owners and department managers.
* Work with E-Commerce application development staff to develop architectures, tuning/coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures.
* Lead the design and implementation of redundant systems, policies, and procedures for backup/recovery, disaster recovery, security monitoring, alerting and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
* Lead the creating of plans for evaluating through implementing new software versions, technology and processes.
* Lead the planning efforts of capacity and scalability planning.
* Collaborates with other lead E-Commerce engineers to align solutions across platforms.
Acquisition & Deployment
* Support Management in leading the development and deployment of new E-Commerce applications, systems software, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise.
* Support Management in leading research and making recommendations on E-Commerce and related software products and services in support of procurement and development efforts.
* Lead and coordinate feasibility studies for E-Commerce software and related system products under consideration for purchase, and give advice based on findings, where required.
* Ensure that any new E-Commerce software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
* Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of software programs and applications.
* Participate in server lifecycle management.
* Upgrade/migrate technology versions.
* Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
* Lead in the design, engineering, configuration, operation and maintenance of secure and scalable internet/intranet hardware and software infrastructure that serves IBM Sterling Order Management and HCL Commerce
* Document installation and configuration standards of applications and software packages implemented in team's Knowledge Base.
* Troubleshoot and resolve issues affecting the hardware and software infrastructure.
* Develop and perform automated controlled deployments of digital assets between development, quality assurance and production environments.
* Tune web and application server performance in conjunction with Application Performance Management team.
* Ability to plan and complete projects based on high-level requirements with minimal or no guidance.
* Mentor, coach and train junior engineers.
* Perform activities in support of a 24x7 global support model for all environments.
* Cross train on WebSphere Commerce and Sterling OMS platforms.
* Monitor servers, applications, integrations and websites.
* Lead disaster planning/mitigation/recovery implementation.
* Evaluate product proof of concepts.
* Assist with various projects as may be required to contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
* Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
* Attend management meetings on behalf of team.
* Minimal travel, up to 5% may be required.
* Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday may be required.
Formal Education & Certification
* Bachelor Degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
* 8+ years IT experience.
* 5+ years experience with WebSphere Application Server or similar installation and performance tuning.
* 4+ years experience working with HCL Commerce and/or Sterling Order Management
* Excellent understanding of WebLogic or WebSphere Admin Server/Node Manager/Managed Server components and architecture and concepts including, PKI/TLS, LDAP/OUD, Multiple Domains.
* 3+ years experience with automation and deployment tools (e.g. Ruby, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins).
* Strong knowledge of Container deployment and analysis of log files.
* Understanding of the key underlying enterprise Java technologies, e.g., JMS, JDBC, JNDI, including how they are configured and administered.
* Working knowledge of NGINX or Apache-based Webserver.
* Understanding of DNS, TCP/IP, load balancing and network concepts.
* Very good working knowledge of Linux.
* Good understanding of J2EE technologies, e.g., Servlets, JSPS, EJBS, Web services, etc.
* Familiar with infrastructure-as-code principles and development workflow to provide automation and repeatable processes for environment creation, maintenance, and enhancement.
* Experience with Git
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
* Adobe Experience Manager System experience
* IBM Cognos experience.
* IBM MQ or similar experience
* Application Performance Management (DynaTrace or similar).
* Good knowledge of LDAP concepts and experience working with a LDAP Directory.
* Experience with Agile development and release practices.
* ITIL familiarity and experience.
* Excellent written and oral communications skills.
* Exceptional ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
* Excellent systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organization skills and problem solving skills.
* Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Ability to quickly pick up new tools and technologies.
* Strong ability to train and teach others.
* Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
* Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment, and to lead and influence cross-organizationally with and without direct authority.
* Exceptional ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with ambiguous or changing requirements.
* Strong commitment to inclusion and diversity.
The annual salary for this position is between $100-120k, depending on experience and other qualifications of the successful candidate.
A general description of benefits can be found
The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, with or without notice, subject to applicable law.
Candidate must be eligible to work in the country for which they are applying for employment, without now or in the future needing sponsorship for employment work visa and/or permanent residence status.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-CLEVELAND
Work Locations: USA OH Cleveland Prospect Ave Headquarters
101 West Prospect Ave
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Inclusion and Diversity Supportive Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.