Title: Memory Care Director Job Code:
Division: Senior Living
Status: Exempt Reports to: Executive Director/Administrator Revision date: March 2019 Supervises: Life Enrichment and Neighborhood Coordinators for Memory Care
PURPOSE According to prescribed policies and procedures of the organization including all applicable state, federal and accreditation regulations and under the supervision of the Executive Director/Administrator assumes responsibility for developing memory care programs for residents within the context of individually evolving care plans and as part of the interdisciplinary team delivering a coordinated approach to resident care.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS * Implements memory care programming to include selecting priority care practice areas, developing recommended programming, and providing training and education to caregivers and families.
* Ensures programs meet a variety of interests, physical, cognitive, and social based on admission questionnaire and communications from residents, caregivers and families.
* Serves as liaison between memory care unit and internal departments as well as external providers. Works with Hospice, home health and other support teams to facilitate excellent care coordination.
* Participates in developing, updating, and writing of dementia policies and procedures to support program and practice.
* Facilitates dementia group meetings to provide the latest information on dementia issues and encourages care service development and implementation of new ideas.
* Ensures incorporation of the practice recommendations into quality assurance systems for nursing.
* Acts as the primary point of clinical contact and information resource for Memory Care residents and is responsible for the management of individuals requiring a specialist for intervention or support.
* Ensures appropriate staffing levels. Manages the recruiting, interviewing, counseling, supervising and termination procedures of all assigned employees and volunteers.
* Assists Director of Nursing by providing input regarding nurse and aide performance for employee reviews, education, and discipline.
* Responsible for the day to day operations of the assigned departments within constraints of prescribed budgetary guidelines to include accurate and timely payroll submission, HR, A/P, A/R, and billing procedures.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS * Assists in developing and modifying policies and procedures. * Manages resources in an efficient and effective manner through the use of expert knowledge and judgment. * Participates in management meetings and budget/revenue preparation and control.
EXPECTATIONS * Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, provides leadership as a role model to promote a team approach, collaborates and participates in policy creation and appropriate problem solving methods.
* Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the National Church Residences' Employee Information Guide (EIG), the Code of Conduct, as well as any facility handbook, including but not limited to, corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
* With respect to Resident Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for the residents/clients, their families and the staff. Reports all complaints made by residents/clients and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/resident property and/or any other corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state and local regulations and laws.
* Completes all annual education requirements timely, including but not limited to Compliance, Privacy, Security and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the Code of Conduct in the performance of their duties.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATION SHEET-Memory Care Director
Education: Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Nursing, Therapy or related field.
Experience: One to-3 years of experience in a similar role in a memory care unit.
Mental: Must have good communication, comprehension, and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
Skills: Must have working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, and World Wide Web.
Licensure: LPN, RN, SLP, OT, LSW, or MSW _______________________________________________________________________
Vision: Normal: Consistent with standard workflow.
With respect to said job description, estimate the daily time spent performing the following activities.
Rare ( R) = 0-24%; Sometimes ( S) = 25-49%; Frequent ( F) = 50-74%; Continuous ( C) = 75% plus
R = Climbing S = Stooping Lifting / Carrying; S = 10-25 lbs. S = Standing S = Pushing R = 26-50 lbs. F = Sitting R = Pulling R = 51-75 lbs. S = Walking R = Driving ` R = 76 plus lbs.
Consequences of Errors: Moderate monetary responsibility. Supervision Received: General supervision: Employee generally operates by himself/herself checking with supervisor when in doubt.
Working Conditions: Exposure to some disagreeable conditions such as noise, heat, odors, illness, infection and physical contact with disruptive residents.
I hereby understand and agree to the above description of the duties required.
Learn more about our organization in the video below.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.