Here, we believe there's not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there's a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We'll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
The Senior Release Management (RM) Specialist is responsible for scheduling and delivering software releases through the different environments, ensuring a quality product for the end user. The candidate will be responsible for planning, coordination and implementing our software releases, patches, and emergency change requests. This role will work closely with multiple development and operations teams. The Senior Specialist will be utilizing project management skills and release management experience. The role will interact with project management, development, quality assurance, and delivery teams plus work closely with the DevOps team.
In addition to managing releases and supporting cross-functional teams, the successful candidate will train and mentor team members on best practices for release management. The role will also require initiative to collaborate on automation, Change Management, and Incident Management. This is an individual contributor position.
Strategy & Planning
* Enable consistent results through development of standard release processes, ensuring that the delivery teams' needs are met.
* Implement strategies that support Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
* Identify and help select third-party tools and technologies that will assist in the management of releases.
* Utilize a continuous improvement approach to release management.
* Implement the appropriate strategies for controlling and migrating changes through the environments, ensuring there are repeatable processes with sound change management.
* Define and manage release readiness and success criteria based on business requirements.
* Define roles required to support the release management workflow.
* Define and support a standard migration (deployment) process, including how to handle rollbacks and hotfixes across multiple platforms.
* Understand and make recommendations to improve reliability and sustainability of regular configuration and deployment activities.
* Train / mentor team members to ensure the organization's goals for release management are understood and implemented
Acquisition & Deployment
* Assist in bridging development and support staff when it comes to new releases.
* Perform merging duties to ensure code is correctly moving through the environments and execute advanced merging duties for feature branching, hotfixes, and tagging.
* Prioritize work to enable fast response times.
* Address scalability of solutions.
* Work closely with delivery teams to educate them as well as enabling them to reach their goals.
* Mitigate risks associated with deployments through the environments. Develop contingency plans in the event of failed deployments.
* Identify migration tasks that must be completed and their associated timeline.
* Define and manage release schedules and milestones.
* Manage change control processes for a release.
* Proactively identify and mitigate risks and remove obstacles to release.
* Guide the completion of root cause analysis to ensure issues do not recur.
* Communicate plans and status, and escalate issues as required.
* Coordinate product releases, ensuring cross-team communication and requirements are met in the process.
* Perform high level Release Validation to ensure the changes were delivered successfully.
* Communicate changes via Release Notes.
* Act as a Coordinator in the discovery and investigation of critical production problems as required.
* Perform environment refreshes while ensuring they are done appropriately.
* Maintain a central calendar to communicate release and change management activities
* Work with development staff to troubleshoot environment issues.
* Track and coordinate defect resolution across the life of an issue.
* Maintain a website asset list across multiple teams
* Create and maintain release templates
* Capture data and build metrics reports to communicate quality of releases and to help drive the continuous improvement of the release process over time.
* Attend Change Control meetings to determine impact from both internal and external systems.
* Work in a hybrid waterfall / agile development environment.
* Perform Incident Management duties, as needed
* Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
* Perform task management and reporting as necessary.
* Provide tier 2, on-call support for critical deployment problems and issues.
* Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
* Travel up to 10% may be required.
* Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday as required.
Formal Education & Certification
* Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent in a related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
* 5+ years IT experience.
* 5+ years of experience that covers working across the Software Development Lifecycle (i.e. experience with development and operations, and/or existing Release Management role) with multiple teams.
* 2+ years of hands-on, web based release management experience.
* A proven track record with release management tools and concepts.
* Experience using agile project management tools (such as Rally or JIRA).
* Experience with Agile and Waterfall development and release practices preferred.
* Experience with source code management tools preferred.
* Strong written and oral communications skills.
* Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
* Strong systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organization skills and problem solving skills.
* Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Ability to quickly pick up new tools and technologies.
* Willingness and ability to train and teach others.
* Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
* Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment, and to lead and influence cross-organizationally with and without direct authority.
* Ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with ambiguous or changing requirements.
This role is open to remote work.
The annual salary for this position is between $90-119k, depending on experience and other qualifications of the successful candidate.
A general description of benefits can be found
The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, with or without notice, subject to applicable law. .
Candidate must be eligible to work in the country for which they are applying for employment, without now or in the future needing sponsorship for employment work visa and/or permanent residence status.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-CLEVELAND
Work Locations: USA OH Cleveland Prospect Ave Headquarters
101 West Prospect Ave
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Inclusion and Diversity Supportive Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.