Since 1980, The Learning Tree has provided quality, state licensed childcare and preschool to the Lima area. We were created to extend love, acceptance, and care to all who walk through our doors. We are now hiring Teachers to join our family and to assist children with learning basic social skills and developing their familiarity with language; Our Teachers also develop lesson plans that help teach and reinforce basic skills such as counting and speaking, and planning activities and constructive playtime that contribute to social and emotional development.
Specific responsibilities included, but are not limited to the following:
- Protects the safety of all children in the center
- Directly supervise children at all times
- Uses positive phrasing with children
- Communicates frequently with children throughout the day, naming objects, actions, using who, what, when, where. and why, and open-ended questions
- Exhibits behavior management consistent with The Learning Tree philosophy, including reflecting children’s feelings, approaching children to speak with them, directing comments toward children’s behavior, not at the children themselves, etc
- Co-plays/interacts with children during play activities both indoors and on the playground
- Treats each child with dignity and respect, recognizing the cultural and socio-economic diversity of the population
- Responds to the individual needs and learning styles of children.
- Responds to children in distress promptly and appropriately
- Helps children serve themselves family-style and sits with children; preferably eats with them, and monitors children closely during meals
- Reliable and dependable
- Prior teaching and/or childcare experience
- Friendly and compassionate, with high energy levels, and the ability to maintain the safety of young children
- Possess a CDA (Child Development Associate certification) or currently working towards CDA (preferred but not required)
- Documents and remains current with state requirements for physical examination, First-Aid, CPR, in-service training, etc.
To Apply: submit resume to Tessa.Laing@jfs.ohio.gov